Flavor Differences in Siglo Line

I'm a fan of the Cohiba Siglo VI and IV. I am interested in trying the other Siglos, specifically the III, as I like the size. When looking for reviews of the III, I saw a lot of reports of a much milder and smoother flavor profile compared to others in the line. That led me to wonder what the general flavor and strength differences are between the different Siglos. Anyone with experience care to weigh in?

my experience with them is that the thicker it is, the stronger it gets. not sure if they use ligero in their siglo lines, but the VI sure tastes like it!

the III is my personal favourite and really, REALLY shines even after 3 years. 5 years on the II makes it the creamiest smoothest cigar in all of Cohiba (er, not counting LEs and GR ;)). IV was my first box and sold most of them as it was just a smaller version of the V with a similar profile to the Robusto but more expensive. i'd much rather spend the extra coin for the V or cheapen it by getting the Robusto. the V is probably my second favourite that is smokable only after 2 years. and i've never gotten along with the siglo VI. have a few ageing in my humidor now in tubes and the bundles that i'll revisit in a while.

to be honest, i think the Robustos belong in the same section as the Siglo range. it has that creamy grassiness with minute spice that the Lancero, Esplendidos, Exquisitos etc are just lacking. or maybe the other ones just have a tad more spice that overpowers it in the end. Even the Clubs and Minis have more spice and kick than the Siglo series

but maybe that's only because i haven't smoked a Siglo under 2 years old in quite some time. and sides, who the hell ages cigarillos? :wacko:

That's what i've observed but i do need to spark up a few more aged siglos before solidifying my decision and opinion. come back in 3-10 years shead.gif

No ligero in a 40rg premium cigar? I'd be curious to know who told you that…

That would mean no ligero in the Monte 5, Petit Punch, Diplo 5, etc. I doubt it.

You would be surprised by how strong some seco can be. I have smoked some very interesting larger ring gauge cigars without any Ligero.

Not sure why you would be so surprised. There is also no Ligero in any Panetelas.

Because this discussion has been a classic on cigar forums for the last 10 years, and I've never heard about 40 rg vitolas (perlas in this case) being rolled without ligero. Panatelas, ok, but what about the Partagas Serie du Connaisseur line?

Because this discussion has been a classic on cigar forums for the last 10 years, and I've never heard about 40 rg vitolas (perlas in this case) being rolled without ligero. Panatelas, ok, but what about the Partagas Serie du Connaisseur line?

No Ligero. Seco has different grades of strength as well. Just what I have been told.

I remember Rob mentioning about the SDC #3 being so balanced as the blend was simply a single leaf of liqero, volado and seco

38 ring guage and below I can see, but premium smokes at 40+ I personally can't see Fundadores having zero ligero.

Thinking about it I would be extremely surprised if Cohiba CE and Lanceros, Monte especial #1 and #2 had zero ligero in them too despite being 38 rg.

I think there has to be some kind of premium/luxury/major brand influence cut off point where those above end, and the likes of the "mid-brands" like PL Panetela, Quintero Panetela, LCG #3, QDO panetela, RG Panetela Extra, JL Panetleas superba, ERDM demi tasse etc picks up

Why don't you open some up and look? Would you be able to tell the difference to a strong dark seco? Ligero has nothing at all to do with being a premium cigar. Again I hope the person on this forum who took a pic of the chart would post it here for you too see.

Again I hope the person on this forum who took a pic of the chart would post it here for you too see.

The chart indicated no ligero for the perlas size?

As for opening one, you're right, I certainly would not pretend that I can differentiate a strong dark seco leaf from a ligero leaf…

No ligero in a 40rg premium cigar? I'd be curious to know who told you that…

That would mean no ligero in the Monte 5, Petit Punch, Diplo 5, etc. I doubt it.

I believe hamlet mentions this in his interview with Rob. Not sure on the details, I haven't watched it in a while

The Siglo III is a very creamy cigar. Soft around the edges. It's been a while since I've had one but not much like rest of the line that I've had. I do enjoy them quite a bit. However, for the simple reason of value I don't buy much Cohiba. However those BTO boxes Robs been posting would be worth the coin.