True Detectives : Season 2

Skyfall

The main cast is official for the second season!

Collin Farrell

Vince Vaughn

http://time.com/3422764/vince-vaughn-colin-farrell-true-detective/

I have hope that it will at least match season 1. Not sure it can exceed a stellar cast and plotline, but I'm more than willing to give it a shot. I feel like Vince Vaughn has more potential to be great than Farrell, but I can't say for sure. Either way, it's gonna be good. HBO is where it's at.

Tom

Vince Vaughn....really. Can't recall him in any dramas or in any movies where he doesn't talk non-stop.

Next Farrell and Vaughn will be doing a remake of 'The Odd Couple'.

Vince Vaughn....really. Can't recall him in any dramas or in any movies where he doesn't talk non-stop.

Next Farrell and Vaughn will be doing a remake of 'The Odd Couple'.

Vaughn displayed some very decent dramatic and sometimes dark acting chops in:

The Dilemma

Domestic Disturbance

The Break Up

5 Chirstmases

Made

• 4 weeks later...

I am probably in the minority, but I thought that the first season started out a little slow. Great acting, but slow. Really hit its stride and then ended really strong.

It will be interesting to see the next season. I agree Vaughan will be great.

• 7 months later...

Watched ep1 last night. Although slow to begin with, it looks like it's going an interesting series. I like they kept a similar format of throwing back and forth past/present.

Farrell was outstanding. Vaughan's character hasn't developed yet however, there's something about the way he acts that seems so monotone, can't put my finger on it. I think he'll go alright though.

The main thing is that it's got me wanting more!

Watched it too Overproof. Similar sentiments here. The original was much loved because I think it was more one on one stuff between the two main characters. The deep south helped set the pace too. I feel they realised it would be too difficult to do something very similar so they have gone a bit wider (in the first episode at least) with 3 stories coming together. Set in a bigger city too. Although I found it a little disjointed and couldn't really take Vaughn seriously as yet, I'm hoping it will be well worth watching. Pretty hard to top the last series though with Harrelson and McConaughey gelling so well. Hope it doesn't end up like a CSI episode.

My big love from the first season was McConaugheys constant inelastic rants and exposition

I found the first series took a hard right turn towards the end back into "realistic" land as it had quite a supernatural and occult feel to its first half but then decided to set itself in reality at its conclusion. Still, an epic good watch

I'll wait for the season to finish up and then binge it all in one day (Like I did the last series)

• 3 weeks later...

The main cast is official for the second season!

Collin Farrell

Vince Vaughn

http://time.com/3422764/vince-vaughn-colin-farrell-true-detective/

I'M READY......

I'm trying to get into this season, but it's not grabbing like last season. 1st season always left me wanting to see what happened next, this season, meh. Hopefully it will turn around. I can totally relate to Collin going to the bully kids house and obliterating the dad in front of his bully son. Epic.

I'm enjoying the 2nd season so far. I didn't expect it to reach the heights and intensity of the 1st season. But I like the fact that it's LA and you've got crime, greed, and corruption. I've been really impressed with Collin Farrell and Rachel McAdams so far and I think Vince Vaughan is holding his own. I thought the shoot out in episode 4 was intense.

I'm enjoying the 2nd season so far. I didn't expect it to reach the heights and intensity of the 1st season. But I like the fact that it's LA and you've got crime, greed, and corruption. I've been really impressed with Collin Farrell and Rachel McAdams so far and I think Vince Vaughan is holding his own. I thought the shoot out in episode 4 was intense.

Agreed, this season started off a little slow but is getting better each episode.