Still lots of glitches...

CanuckSARTech

Gents, any further word on the forum fixes? I'm still getting lots of glitches on this end.

When I delete PM conversations that I've had with people, I do the "send archive" thing, and get a small text file e-mailed to myself for archiving on my computer. Well, I did that last weekend, requested the archive files, and then deleted about a dozen conversations before I realized these e-mails weren't being sent (still haven't received anything in about a week - not just a server delay).

Also, with that, I'm still not getting any of the requested and wanted notification e-mails (for either notification of PM's or post likes).

And, for about the past month, I'm having posting and quoting issues. Sometimes when I go to use the "quick reply" at the bottom of a thread, it lets me type it in, but when I hit the "post" button, nothing happens. I have to select "more posting options" to have the page change to the full view, where it shows the preview of what I typed, and then I can click on "post" on that page.

Similar to that, quoting and multi-quoting is all over the place. Sometimes I can single quote, other times I can't, sometimes multi-quoting will only work if I follow the above "more posting options" process, but then othertimes I can't do any multi-quoting.

Pretty much all of the above has gone on for well over two months now. Using a Windows laptop, running Internet Explorer (not even interested in switching browsers, so never mind that option), and all my software is up to date, no firewall issues, etc.

And to add to the above with posting issues....LOL.

The above post was separated into 4 different paragraphs or so. I seem to have this issue when I'm sending PM's or starting a new thread - the formatting / line-spacing seems to be lost. I go to hit the "edit" button, and edit in full view, and the formatting all shows fine. But then when posted, it's just one big blob of words.

Haven't seen the issue of posting or post formatting crop up before, at least, not for myself. The formatting problem sounds like a Ken bug! innocent.gif

Rob mentioned that the server migration has been put on hold while Jason and his wife await the arrival of their bub. Give in another fortnight.

• 2 weeks later...