Montecristo Petit No.2

I've honestly had way more luck with the petite Monte No. 2s than I've had with the regular No 2s.

Of course why they're charging so damn much for what is basically a shorter No 2 is entirely baffling to me.

I want to try these as i find the full pyramid size can be that bit too much. The price is off-putting as mentioned by elam370

Thanks for the review it sounds delicious though!

I want to try these as i find the full pyramid size can be that bit too much. The price is off-putting as mentioned by elam370

Thanks for the review it sounds delicious though!

The only advantage is that it seems the Petite No. 2 doesn't finish nearly as harshly as young regular No. 2s. From what I can tell its pretty much the same blend. Although the Petite seems to pack a bit more flavor.

Nice review!

I'm a big fan of these so far. Out of the handful I've had they've all been amazing. I remember smoking my first after i just ordered my box of Monte 2s and thinking "wow I hope the monte 2 are as good as this one" ,sadly the Monte 2 haven't been. Either way I'm sold on these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Nice review, thanks!

very good review on those and will x2 on the ageing comment. biting seems to comefrom that and hope you will follow this up in a year and three.

very curious to see how they do, indeed!!

One thing i really love is that every time the cigar was pictured, the background changed. Gave it a really good timeliness of the review! ^_^. Hope to see more as these are very fun quick reads!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi soutso, was just wondering how old this stick was. I've got a box from November last year and while I've only tried one it was very underwhelming. Positives were an easy draw which I was in the mood for on a lazy Sunday afternoon, and a lot of smoke. Flavours were mixed. I got a little cinnamon in the 2nd third and a hint of chocolate for 2 seconds right in the middle and the cuban twang but they were all very subtle. The rest of the time I thought it tasted like a large cigarette, and if anything else green tea. Perhaps my palate isn't developed enough yet.

Hi Onelove,

Box code is EAG NOV13

Young sticks. Mine are quite oily/shiny and smell nice. They say storing them as dry as possible (65rh) will show you the best flavour. I know that it has improved my experience.

Thanks for that. Mine were at 70rh and 20c (approx 68f for the yanks) I'll try them lower rh.

Mine are also very oily / shiny with a fantastic aroma, think that's why I was so disappointed.

Felt a couple others out of the box and they felt fuller / better so I'm still optimistic with these.

Mate I used to store at 70rh and after a bit of time reading posts on this site I saw that most seem to keep theirs at 65. I can definitely confirm that for me, it has worked.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Tried another after lowering rh in humi not sure if it was this or just a better stick but a marked improvement. Got woody flavours first though still with some tea, sweet spice and again chocolate in the middle, then more wood and sweet spice to finish with a creamy feeling in my mouth for most of the cigar. There was something else like a hint of mint or something sporadically making my lips tingle. As stated in the op I think these will be better after a decent rest. All this could be perception though as my noob palate gets it's legs.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...