Flash herf... What should we expect?

Recently, we have decided to defy the powers that be, and stage a cigar based event in a province, and country, that hates fun.

We have "anti fun" laws that are second only to our friends on the tiny continent of Oz.

So, what do you think we should add, watch for, avoid, and promote, if doing such an unprecedented event?

Here's my rant...

While nearing the end of a long and very productive RMS committee meeting, @@Chewy came up with another great "hair-brained" idea!

We will be gathering in front of the Earls on the Steven ave. mall boardwalk downtown Calgary @ 11:30am this Thursday to light up, meet up, and promote our cigar culture.

Laughing, smoking, and informing inquisitive people on the lifestyle we are so adamant about, and also start a small movement to promote something our government will not allow us to in any other means.

We will maintain a friendly atmosphere, follow the laws and bylaws, but get our faces and voice out there.

Let them know we exist, and that we enjoy life.

For those that attend, and want to help promote the Rocky Mountain Smokeout, we will get T-shirts and hand out simple cards to interested people, on a no-pressure basis.

Unfortunately, there is no CRA type organization here, but this is the best start that we could think of.

At least this gets the ball rolling.

So, gather one, gather all! Join us!!

If anyone wants to come down, post questions here, and PM me with T-shirt size if you want to help share the word about Canada's only major cigar event yet.

Long ashes my Friends Of The Leaf!!

Rye & the RMS crew

• Like 2

Honestly.. reading some of these things actually makes me feel really badly for you.

I mean, you have a lot of uninhabited places to promenade around with a stogie lit... but everything else is horrendous if you want to smoke.

Us in Ontario is probably as bad. But we have those large BnMs that just use their 'private owned land' as a guest room for returning customers to smoke in. But then again, the prices is really a put off. 50 dollars for a Cohiba Robusto!?! I get Eddie 109s cheaper than that!

ehhhh... doesn't seem like much, unfortunately.

but as long as you can get a few of these happening as well as all those frequent garage herfs, i guess everything's still salvageable. ^_^

Damn, we have been getting 20-25 + at the "garage herfs" and that's mid winter stats. What we are after is venues being made legal for the casual get together. We need this In this country, and I KNOW we can do it, but I (we) need help. Wherever we can get it.

I am passionate about the culture and hobby, not born wealthy, and I am willing to put up a fight.

Simple as that.

Just give me the pedestal! :)

• Like 2

I made these 'Back Stage Passes' for a herf back in '03. Cheap, easy to make and gander attention.

post-79-0-34485000-1409677555_thumb.jpg

I called our 'organization' C4.

I would love to design you a 'pass card' for you guys but I don't have the time. If you want the artwork, if I can find it, I can email it to you.

Best of luck. Viva the anti-revolution!

Cheers! -Piggy

• Like 1

Well, we had great weather, good turnout, and none of us got arrested!

And now, the pics!!

THAT'S ALBERTA!?

Where're the rolling deserts? Where're the sceneries of cows grazing? Where're the oil derricks and oil derreks?

But honestly, nice herf there! especially enjoy the absolutely monstrous stinky!!

Very cool mate Thanks for sharing.

Cigar smokers should be seen and herd! (No, not a misspelling but a pun!)

Cheers! -pig.gif

Well, all said and done, I'd say it was a successful gathering. We had about a 50/50 ratio of sneers to cheers, but drew some great conversation.

Good times had by all!