Aged band?

Large215

Never seen or heard of this myself. Don't believe HSA does but not beyond the realm of possibility for a vendor to do so though.

PCC puts stickers on their vintage selection boxes so why not?

We get second bands in the UK - H&F add a band for some 'vintage' cigars that they release, and I'm sure at least one vendor adds a second band for their specially selected boxes

I do sometime wonder if the cigars cost more solely to pay for the second band...

• Like 1

We get second bands in the UK - H&F add a band for some 'vintage' cigars that they release, and I'm sure at least one vendor adds a second band for their specially selected boxes

I do sometime wonder if the cigars cost more solely to pay for the second band...

Many many vendors mark up 'aged' cigars. Less than a couple of years is questionable to me, though any with 8-10+ seems fair if reasonably priced.....

Yupp. I remember the Bolivar 2007 Orchart Editions. Believe they were Belicoso Finos?

X2, x4, x8 what Sean said. I only know of HnF (UK, Ireland, Gibraltar distributor) who does that.

Mostly from 98-02 so you have to ask yourself why that is.

Many many vendors mark up 'aged' cigars. Less than a couple of years is questionable to me, though any with 8-10+ seems fair if reasonably priced.....

It depends why they are aged though - have they purposely been stored away because they have been identified as one with the potential to get better in 10 years? I know some vendors do and would expect to pay more for those. Or, did the cigar just not sell well and by default have now been aged? In which case I would ask why didn't they sell in the first place?

I'm not saying every cigar with a second band is a rip off - I just wouldn't rush into buying a stick solely because it has a second band on :)

It depends why they are aged though - have they purposely been stored away because they have been identified as one with the potential to get better in 10 years? I know some vendors do and would expect to pay more for those. Or, did the cigar just not sell well and by default have now been aged?

Absolutely not.

Sean, you put too much trust in Habanos and friends ^_^

Sent by the Enigma on BlackBerry.

I think that specific band with the year is applied by a retailer somewhere in Northern Europe.

Hunters and Frankau have a vintage program where they do apply a second "gold on gold" band saying "Vintage 199x" and put an insert in the box.

It started, I believe, with 1998 Partagas 898V in 2008, there was a tasting at the Habanos festival of them in 2009. I believe some members here attended.

Since then they have applied the band to Punch double coronas, H Upmann Coronas, Romeo Prince of Wales among others. All I have seen have been 1998/99.

The importer for the Benelux Cubacigars, runs a so-called age program. The bands shown by the OP are from this program. There is also a sticker on the box

Well if we go by solely importers, PCC has a vintage programme as well.

This means Havana House gets to pick some of that as well.

Sent by the Enigma on BlackBerry.