Commonwealth Games?

The Commonwealth games is in Scotland currently. For those under the Queens "guidance" potty.gif .....have you actually been watching?.....or is it simply an event way past its used by date?

Keeping an eye on the boxing. Shelly Watts in the Womens..What an upset!

I wouldn't say its past it used by date. Some people may little worn out after jumping off the world cup 'band wagon'.

As long as we beat the poms haha nyah.gif

That's probably go something to do with Canada's medal tally loser.gif

Hahaha! They are pumping these events, and honestly, I like it!!

Games are games, and as long as we can tell our respective govts. to do so, they should support

i remember when it was in brizzy,huge. went to a heap of events, including the final night of the boxing. brilliant stuff. also a heap of street parties. remember catching up with some superstar canadian athlete at one of these parties and a few nights later (from my very vague memory) he was kicked out of the canadian team (apparently now we only dump coaches).

as for these, not seen a single minute.

I've been dipping in and out, mainly watching highlights in the evenings. On the one hand it's quite nice because the various UK teams get to win something, on the flip side the standard is generally much lower than the Olympics. The Mens 100m final was won with a time of 10.00, that would have been good for 8th place in the Olympic final. Usain Bolt (allegedly) summed up the games:

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/jul/30/usain-bolt-commonwealth-games-2014

Haven't watched a single second, in fact have turned off highlights when they have flashed on the news.

Don't know a single person who has watched any of it either :s

The BBC Is claiming a billion people watched the opening ceremony, based on how the BBC reports facts that means about 17 people watched it, 3 of them by accident.

• Like 1

The BBC Is claiming a billion people watched the opening ceremony, based on how the BBC reports facts that means about 17 people watched it, 3 of them by accident.

that would be the same method as the QRU counts crowds at suncorp. if you have been in the suburb in the last week, you are counted.

• Like 1

Love the com games went to an event sometimes 2 everyday while they were held in Melbourne I have been watching everyday and find it compulsive viewing over the regular brain poison thats so prevelant on tv these days. It is the comm games not the olympics or the pan pacific nor the asian games and if you take it for what it is it rocks.

Not taking anything away from the other athletes how classy is Sally Pearson? what a competitor and ambassador for athletics and Australia,--legend.

Long live the comm games

I actually haven't even noticed it on the program guide, so I haven't Been able to watch it. Would have loved to catch the Sevens action last weekend. I played provincial rugby with one of the current Canada sevens regulars. I don't get to see any of the sevens circuit here in Canada as no station shows any rugby. Except for TSN showing the WRWC.

I normally enjoy the Commonwealth Games but this one has passed me by because I have a few other things on at the moment, but I wouldn't say its irrelevant, obviously it doesn't compare to the Olympics and the World's best aren't present in a few events but I still think there is a place for it :)