Chocolate Perfection

Skyfall

One of my favorite combos of all time is a great high quality chocolate (preferably dark), a nice glass of velvety, thick, jammy red wine, and a great CC! I like some of the high end bars that have dried fruits in them, but I've been hearing about these for years. So after sourcing them on the interwebs to get them imported in, I had to pull the trigger. Wow, I was not let down. I'm not going to say they are exactly worth the price, at the end of the day, it is just chocolate, but man this is some good stuff!

Any other Chocoholics out there?

post-16567-0-24047900-1401994359_thumb.j

• Like 2

Not gonna lie: I am a lover of the chocolate. I remember when I was a kid my mother used to order this German milk-chocolate from overseas... smallish thin pieces, individually wrapped in yellow paper. Tasted a lot like Swiss chocolate, I suppose. Haven't had that in years. I'm more on the simple side when it comes to chocolate nowadays - Toblerone is always awesome, but I bet I eat Hershey bars more often than anything else, especially during the summer months (s'mores!).

Cheers,

~ Greg ~

there is not much that can beat a good s'more!

Wish it was never invented ,rarely a day goes by I don't have any, and if my wife buys any for herself she hides it. Most people I know love red wine with chocolate. Not me, red wine with cigars and steak that is it. A good steak and a good red no sides just the two , I will do this at least a couple of times per week. Then a cigar outside , 15 to 20 after that chocolate .

I am a struggling chocoholic mate! I am so bad that it affects the whole family. No kidding, they held an intervention the other week.

Now, if you are ever down under, there is this little place here in Brisbang (Brisbane) called Monty's. Owned by an English guy who is a chocolate freak. Anyway, the other week I was in store stocking up. I am 70-85% kind of guy. And old mate starts telling me about this 'single malt' chocolate he got in. No kidding, little 100% chocolate balls with a cacao bean in the middle and they are made from the one 'single' cacao pod! Ridonkulously good!

From my mobile phone

My wife and I are chocoholics.

At the moment it is Guylian. Just got a dozen boxes in Europe.

Funny thing is, we like the taste better as it is produced for lower temperature.

Here it is partially melting before you eat it. Brings out the flavor.

We used to be on the Toblerone trip.

Was tempted to buy that one below.

post-17235-0-91983600-1402003449_thumb.j

I'm another who thinks red wine and chocolate may be one of the world's greatest combos smile.png

The darker and more bitter the chocolate, the better for me. I enjoy a different style of wine

(with or without the choco), but that's all subjective. For me, no cigars with either.

I'm another who thinks red wine and chocolate may be one of the world's greatest combos smile.png

The darker and more bitter the chocolate, the better for me. I enjoy a different style of wine

(with or without the choco), but that's all subjective. For me, no cigars with either.

Settling down this evening to that exact combo...red wine and dark chocolate...great way to start the weekend!

Taza stone ground chocolate is absolutely amazing and the best chocolate I've had to date. The Mexican pucks which have Chipotle and guadalajara Chiles in them are exceptional. Definitely a must try if you're a chocolate fan, and the texture is beautiful.

Ever have the Mexican hot chocolate drink it has the same combo as the pucks. awesome stuff.

I find that dark chocolate also goes really well with cigars.

One of my favorite combos of all time is a great high quality chocolate (preferably dark), a nice glass of velvety, thick, jammy red wine, and a great CC! I like some of the high end bars that have dried fruits in them, but I've been hearing about these for years. So after sourcing them on the interwebs to get them imported in, I had to pull the trigger. Wow, I was not let down. I'm not going to say they are exactly worth the price, at the end of the day, it is just chocolate, but man this is some good stuff!

Any other Chocoholics out there?

Very god taste, indeed. Amedei is a really good/fine chocolate.

My favorite is this one, its more like a Torino (Italian chocolate):

post-15478-0-47258600-1402175890_thumb.j

post-15478-0-79398200-1402176008_thumb.j

Ever have the Mexican hot chocolate drink it has the same combo as the pucks. awesome stuff.

I find that dark chocolate also goes really well with cigars.

...Abuelita...........they also make a chocolate syrup in squeeze bottle...........love the stuff

You Havana travelers, have you tried the Chocolate Museum in the Old Havana. This is interesting chocolate, very different from what I am used to. The hot and cold chocolate beverages are great and what else than a Great Habano after this. For myself, I still think that some of the best dark chocolates are from France (www.valrhona.com). I am not by far putting down the other countries... including Canada, one of my favorite is Olivia from the Ottawa area. This guy makes all dark types and some of his ''raw's'' (unroasted) are just fantastic. He does have a web site; www.oliviachocolat.com

• 1 month later...

The wife and I developed a great dark chocolate recipe a few years back. Don't very often eat anything else, just end up being disappointed. If I wasn't so lazy I would post it.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Was given one of these 10kg Cadbury Dairy Milk chocolate bars for Xmas. Even after giving away half of it, it still took me over 3 months to finish it.

chocolate.jpg

10kg?!?!! That's more than my dog weighs!