Catch of the day!

Grahamsant

OK, so it may not be daily or very frequent updates on this topic unlike the "FOH'ers daily smoke", but I thought it might be nice to have a place where people can put up some stories/photos of what they've caught on recent expeditions. I had a quick look around and couldn't see an existing topic so thought I'd start this one.

I've only been out on one trip so far but I seem to have gotten "hooked"! Even if it's only me that ends up using it, it saves me starting new topics each time I go out. Either way I plan to bore you all with lots of photos (assuming of course that I catch anything!)

I will be out in the wee hours tomorrow morning and will be sea-fishing from a pier this time rather than coarse fishing. With any luck I will have a couple of photos for you!

Tight lines!

• Like 1

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My brother and I fishing in Canada. Any Musky fisherman around? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

abalone day, we only get 5 Sundays a year and one hr on each Sunday between 7 and 8am ...how deliciously  sweet do they look !      

West Australian Dhu fish ...average size ...Went out with an old sea dog ...does not get any better

Maple...no I didn't. Still getting used to everything at the moment so staying closer to home until I'm a bit more confident.

I did go out in the tiny hours this morning and got soaked for the first half hour whilst waiting for my mates to turn up! Anyway, about an hour before high tide we got into a nice school of mackerel. 3 lbs 5 oz over 8 fish.

post-19592-14094062966366.jpg

• Like 2

Nice catch of mackerel!.Still waiting for them further along the coast.They were "in" and just as soon "out" again.I couldnt get down at the right time.One of my favourite spots is off the Jurassic pier at West Bay about 30 mins from me.I use a carp rod with a sliding float,great fun.

Had a few hours surface fishing for carp yesterday.I missed mine though my wife caught a nice common of 9lbs.Hope to have a couple of sea trout trips this month.

Had a Punch Coronation while i was there,didnt seem to bad considering it came from a local supermarket.It was tubed so that probably helped.I usually find them a bit strong.

Thank you! We've been very fortunate in Plymouth and have had a humongous school staying within the Sound for several weeks. Funnily enough I was using a carp rod as well! I was spinning with a Dexters Wedge and they were gladly taking. Friends were using feathers and pulling in 3-4 fish per cast so I was glad I didn't feather in the end. I don't like the idea of taking more than you can reasonably use!

Nice catch for the wife! Any pics? I'm on holiday next week to a place that has coarse lakes so hoping to have a bit of fun and maybe catch a monster or two ;-)

The mackeral are well and truly in.A beautiful evening float fishing off my favourite pier!.Took a dozen for family dinner,Missed another dozen bites.I always pack up when i have caught what we need when they are biting like this.May go again during the week as the weather is so settled.

Nice fish. But you left out an important detail: What did you torch to celebrate? I mean, fish pictures are nice...

• Like 1

The mackeral are well and truly in.A beautiful evening float fishing off my favourite pier!.

Ah!.........I should have course mentioned the Chinchalero Torpeditos.Cheap and cheerful(and not cuban)but does the job when the fish are coming thick and fast.

This was a 10#, 33" northern caught last August in Ontario that was fat from heat to tail. Unfortunately, I lost a MUCH better fish the following day, my guess was a 12-13# walleye while jigging bottom. That thing was taking off with line tthat made this northern seem like it was nothing.

post-15215-0-90276400-1410487171_thumb.j

• Like 3

Hey all! Sorry I've been away for a few days - needed a short break so took a short stay at a caravan park in Cornwall, UK where they also had some fishing lakes. We only had 3 full days there and I managed to persuade the wife to let me have two of those days fishing!!!

The park itself was in the middle of pretty much nowhere and was beautifully quiet and peaceful for the vast majority. It was a great opportunity to escape the real world and just have a few days to relax!

Now, the missus was quite interested in doing some fishing. She had been sea fishing with her family quite a few times many years ago but had not done Coarse before. So, being the gentleman that I am, I offered to show her the ropes in float fishing. Well, I was successful...in teaching her how to fish anyway! Over the two fays that we were fishing She caught 10 fish and had several more that escaped (including some large carp). Unfortunately, she only managed to land Roach and Bream. How did I do as the masterful teacher? Well I caught absolutely bugger all on the first day and 2 Roach and a Bream on the second. I had the bigger Roach for definite - but as you can see from the pictures...that isn't exactly saying much!

I did get a couple of large knocks on the line and she had a couple of heavy fish on the hook which unfortunately got themselves unhooked but that didn't make it any less of an enjoyable or relaxing experience. If anything, it just makes us want to go back and try again! For the record, other anglers and the staff on site had all given the same reports - over the past few weeks for some reason there has been nothing but tiddlers pulled out of any of their 4 lakes despite the fact that you were regularly seeing some absolute monsters in there!!!

The missus is unfortunately asthmatic so I choose not to smoke around her at all. I did get the opportunity to enjoy one cigar on the final night and chose a BHK54. My first actually! It was a BTO Sep 13. Sadly I think I may have attempted these too early. Don't get me wrong, it was enjoyable...but the taste was unmistakably young and it clearly hasn't been given the opportunity to mellow yet. Think the rest will go back in the box and be laid down for a while!

Well, we're back from our holiday now but we're off out fishing again tomorrow. Back up to the lakes where I cast my first line. Will hopefully have some better catches and some better pictures to show you then!

post-19592-0-76737700-1410529906_thumb.j

post-19592-0-92843900-1410529962_thumb.j

post-19592-0-57624400-1410529987_thumb.j

post-19592-0-29628000-1410530018_thumb.j

post-19592-0-18780600-1410530040_thumb.j

post-19592-0-61948300-1410530068_thumb.j

• Like 1

Another great days fishing! Kim wasn't quite so lucky today as she's been during the last week but still caught amongst others...a nice Bream and what I believe is a Roach Bream hybrid

I managed to land some great ones today. Unfortunately didn't weigh it but a near lb Roach, another nice Tench around the 3 lb mark (didn't weight it but it wasn't big enough to beat the previous one) and my first all the way through to my 5th Carp including a 2 lb, 13 oz Ghost Mirror and an on the dot 4 lb Common

P.s. sorry if the photos are sideways. Uploaded with my phone via Tapatalk

post-19592-14106305956283.jpgpost-19592-14106306041036.jpgpost-19592-14106306140373.jpgpost-19592-14106306319054.jpgpost-19592-14106306395497.jpgpost-19592-14106306487325.jpg

• Like 1

Some Sea Trout the other night at Sea Wolf park in Galveston. I'll post a pick of our set up next time I go out.

NICE and good eating,lived on the west end of Galveston for many years,could walk to the tide pools on the backside of Offatts Bayou flounder rat reds shrimp! SOOOOOO GOOOOOD!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Good thread!

I been fishing ever since I can remember, I still recall my dad teaching me how to tie the hook on the line and I figured I'd introduce my son Ethan to fishing as he has never been. I grabbed him a simple Shakespear combo and used some Power bait to catch some trout.

For Ethans first outing, he did a brilliant job landing 2 brown trout, plate sized. He was so happy which made my day. smile.png

post-5242-0-53027500-1412572411_thumb.jp

First Fish - Brown Trout

post-5242-0-99724100-1412572451_thumb.jp

Cocky because dad hadn't caught one!

post-5242-0-87005700-1412572622_thumb.jp

Dad gets to clean up!

• Like 4

Well I talked to my son in Alaska,we are going to Glacier Bay for two weeks the end of July! That's where the big halibut are this year A man from Calif landed A 500lb'r.I know it's A long way off but I just booked my wifes and my flights today,for Juneau! Cant wait!!!! Then after do some King salmon and king crab fishing!!

• Like 1

Good thread!

I been fishing ever since I can remember, I still recall my dad teaching me how to tie the hook on the line and I figured I'd introduce my son Ethan to fishing as he has never been. I grabbed him a simple Shakespear combo and used some Power bait to catch some trout.

For Ethans first outing, he did a brilliant job landing 2 brown trout, plate sized. He was so happy which made my day. smile.png

attachicon.gif20141005_111742.jpg

First Fish - Brown Trout

attachicon.gif20141005_113008.jpg

Cocky because dad hadn't caught one!

attachicon.gif20141005_154733.jpg

Dad gets to clean up!

Very Kool!!! That's about the age my son was when he really got into it now he's teaching my grandson who is 7,nothing like fishing!!! Good Job

• Like 1

Well I talked to my son in Alaska,we are going to Glacier Bay for two weeks the end of July! That's where the big halibut are this year A man from Calif landed A 500lb'r.I know it's A long way off but I just booked my wifes and my flights today,for Juneau! Cant wait!!!! Then after do some King salmon and king crab fishing!!

Be sure to post some pictures!!

Very Kool!!! That's about the age my son was when he really got into it now he's teaching my grandson who is 7,nothing like fishing!!! Good Job

Thanks Mike!

I recall my dad teaching me how to tie the hook and line together, i was around 5 then so I really wanted my son to have the same experiences and memories. It's a great time away with my son, alone, peace and quiet together. He really loved landing those fish and wants to go again which we plan on doing this weekend. peace.gif

• Like 1

Just got back from Montana. Went to visit the ranch where we buy all our natural beef from. Got the chance to fly fish for the first time. Caught some beautiful and healthy Rainbow Trouts lost even more. Unfortunately didn't take pics of fish.post-8432-0-09955400-1413592304_thumb.jp

post-8432-0-30550500-1413592326_thumb.jp

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...