PSD #4. OSR MAY11

UpInSmoak

I have a love hate relationship with the PSD4. This was my very first CC and it opened my eyes to how wonderful cigars can be. Fast forward 3 or so yrs, and I've had only a handful of NCs since. I just can't make it back to them, and for that I will always be indebted to the PSD4.

However, as started burning through the first of my cuban boxes, I soon experienced the quality issues of popularly produced cigars. I'm still working my way through the last of this box and I have a 50/50 hit rate on them. This cigar I smoked tonight was perfect in construction. I got lucky tonight!!!!

Cold Draw - perfect resistance and a spice on the lips.

1/3

The draw is impeccable. A slight resistance, just the way I prefer. Nice earthy tobacco with a hint of pepper. Every few draws I get a hit of sweetness. Not something I usually pick up from partagas, but I finding this a pleasant surprise.

2/3

Burn continues to be excellent. When the psd4 is on.....it's on! I'm loving this cigar thus far. Rich billows of smoke. Nice coating of smoke and oil on every draw with zero harshness. The sweetness has faded away and I'm getting quality tobacco and earthy notes. A slight pepper on the finish. No touch ups or concerns. This stick is rocking.

3/3

Psd4 is still smoking excellent. There is a ramp up in body as one would expect. Earthiness has evolved into leather. Pepper has leveled off. Im picking up notes of licorice. I'm typically not a fan of black licorice but it seems to be balanced well and enjoyable. The ash just fell in my lap and all over my iphone. Slightly annoying but it comes with the territory. ?

The stick is starting to get slightly hot and I'll be putting it down shortly. One hour of smoking bliss. All in all an excellent cigar. ?

93pts

post-12729-0-26811000-1411358561_thumb.j

post-12729-0-40992700-1411358603_thumb.j

post-12729-0-02636900-1411358615_thumb.j

• Like 3