H. Upmann Half Corona SUB 2011 Review

Decided to smoke a HUHC last night due to it's quick smoke time. Unfortunately since it was dark I could not take meaningful pictures of the stogie while smoking, so please bear with me. On the plus I do have a picture of the HUHC before smoking, which was gifted to me by a very kind BOTL. Sadly I only have one left!

EAD0118C-7447-4897-B729-A7364CAFB5E4.jpg

I might be wrong here, but I do believe this part of the original batch in 2011. Upon first sight this stick intrigued my curiousness. The shape was odd. Almost like a Nub, but not quite there yet! The smell was delightful; wonderful sweet barnyard.

Since it was so dark out and this was a stress reliever I decided not to take strict notes, but instead rely on the old-fashioned memory.

​The smoke began with a wonderfully smooth and creamy smoke. Every single puff was distinct from the rest. Sweet notes were accompanied by bits of spice, nuts, and cedar. A slight touch of some leather at various points were detected. The smoke was glorious and as many say the only con is that it's a tad bit too short.

What I concluded was that the old adages goes once you go Cuban, you don't go back has some definite truth behind it!

Thanks for reading and please let me know whether you prefer shorter or more detailed reviews for future references! Thanks again!!!

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...