Weird box code

IcedCanuck

I found something odd on a box I just received the other day. The vendor I purchased the box from (Monte No.5) is trustworthy. I am mainly interested in knowing if anyone else has ever received a legit box of CC with a dash separating the month and year on the back of the box. I do not recall ever seeing that on any of my boxes. Just for kicks I went through a pile of empty boxes I have and none of them have a dash separating the month and year.

post-9113-0-79765700-1390422778_thumb.jp

Don't forget guys - the box codes aren't for our information or use, it's designed as a stock tracking method for HSA. They aren't even thinking about the end consumer when stamping boxes.

Don't forget guys - the box codes aren't for our information or use, it's designed as a stock tracking method for HSA. They aren't even thinking about the end consumer when stamping boxes.

Probably true, although regularly changing factory codes suggests that they are thinking a little bit about the consumer end of things.

Probably true, although regularly changing factory codes suggests that they are thinking a little bit about the consumer end of things.

I think the main reason for changing the codes was / is to keep people from seeking to only acquire cigars from specific factories.

• 1 year later...

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1390719601.746226.jpg

Psd4's just got these last month

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you PM me your source for these. I'm chasing this Year/Month for my sons bday. Already have one box of RyJs but could always do with another box of something else ; )

• 3 weeks later...