San Cristobal La Fuerza - Video Review (AME ABR 12)

Ferrero

Another great review. Is that the India cookbook by Pushpesh Pant on your bookshelf Ken? One of my favourite cookbooks; made some fantastic food from it.

it is. if you have one indian cookbook, this has to bee it. so much info in it.

It's the first indian cookbook I bought; have never felt the need to get another. Barely scratched the surface of what it has to offer.

Funny you mention that as I was thinking the same thing. We should all pitch in for a nice sturdy, comfortable folding chair for El Jefe. Ken keeps getting those sharp t-shirts so we should get Rob a nice chair.

I have two of those green chairs and I have actually sat on the ground instead of in those things. They are great for company that you don't want over staying their welcome!! Hmmm...wonder if that is Ken's plan?!

actually, go back to a video a year or to ago and you'll see that rob brought his own chair. it is still on the balcony. a fold out, u-beaut, comfy chair. and after one single use, his giant fat butt caused the seat part to sink 6 inches.

made us look like hagrid talking to ron weasley.

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just finished one from Rob's recent sampler. Not sure what to make of it. When I first lit it I immediately thought it tasted non-Cuban, sort of like a Padron Anniversario Maduro. Started medium bodied with very rich, milk chocolate base,a little nutmeg early and just continued along those lines. No evolution to speak of except got stronger as it moved into the final third. Still tasted like a good Padron Maduro throughout, with the same sort of evolution to medium full to full towards the end.

A pleasant cigar, but not really what I expect from a Cuban.

• 2 months later...

Great review as always fellas! Been curious to try San Cristobal as of late. Going to have to pick myself up some!

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

In doing a search, I saw this video along with the current La Fuerza video and wondered what the heck... did they really just paste an old video review for a new code?  But after playing this one, realized somehow the new video got uploaded to this thread too.  lol    

Is the old video laying around anywhere?  Was curious about the review of the 12's...   :)

I bought a box of PSP from Rob a few months ago on a whim because I have come to LOVE SCDLH.  I smoked one this past weekend and loved it. I was doing some relaxing in the sun and didn't take notes, but I remember lots of creamy goodness.  Maybe a slight edge of sweetness with bread.  I am very happy I bought these and will look to buy more soon.  I also love that they are robusto extras.  That extra half an inch is really nice to have in a 50 rg cigar when it's on.