Cigar Birds of a feather......

Over the weekend I thought we would give this a try for the benefit of members.

1. Simply state on this thread a cigar (just one) that you have thoroughly enjoyed these past few months...the cigar that was for you a 93+ ***** plus, 9 out of 10...whatever rating system you use. The one you would love to have a similar experience in the same or different cigar.

So as an example state : Por Larranaga Petit Corona AUM MAY 13

"Loved the caramel aspects of these. Medium bodied toffee topped dream"

2. Members who have thoroughly enjoyed a cigar with similar aspects "Quote" the members post

" Por Larranaga Petit Corona AUM MAY 13

"Loved the caramel aspects of these. Medium bodied toffee topped dream"

and then give your recommendation.

*********************** POU JUN 13

The purpose of the exercise is to provide recommendations from all members based on shared flavour profiles.

i am not sure it will work but let's give it a try ok.gif

Bolivar Belicos Fino ULA MAY 14

There is such depth to these cigars, Leather, earth, light white pepper spice, just a touch of sweet cocoa and cream to round it out.

• Like 2

Romeo y Julieta Exhibicion No.4 POU JUN 13

This cigar represents the Romeo y Julieta marca at its finest! It is complex, medium-to-full bodied, with leather, hints of sweetness akin to cherry or sticky date and a beautiful viscosity of smoke with each puff.

• Like 1

Por Larranaga Encantos URG MAY 11

The very same cigars that are on the 24:24 today. They're not all the way to full bore caramel sticks yet, but what is fascinating is how clearly you can taste that they are well on their way there. They are a beautiful smoke as is, and a wonderful example of sweet flavors in a cigar. Perfect burn, a long smoke, easy draw, and already 4 years old!

• Like 2

Ramon Allones Gigantes (box code is all the way downstairs) 2002

Deep, rich, ultra smooth, yet strength to last the ages, and they keep interest to keep me smoking for 3+ hours

Cohiba Robusto UME DEC 13

The initial taste upon lighting was creme brûlée, which was only appearant on the first two puffs. Started as mid body, creamy, typical Cohiba grass and underlying citrus notes. Evolved nicely for a young CoRo. Plenty of legs still left and will age wonderfully.

The initial taste upon lighting was creme brûlée, which was only appearant on the first two puffs. Started as mid body, creamy, typical Cohiba grass and underlying citrus notes. Evolved nicely for a young CoRo. Plenty of legs still left and will age wonderfully.

i found this in a connieA GUT oct13

"creamy,grassy with hints of citrus also had very vigorous smoke coated the mouth

There is such depth to these cigars, Leather, earth, light white pepper spice, just a touch of sweet cocoa and cream to round it out.

I totally agree with this one Rob I think the BBF's at the moment are the best they have been in at least 5 years

The flavours are like you said I have also had hints of a mixture of Middle Eastern spices,not in all of them just the odd few out of a cab and I also think it could be an age related thing also

Cheers

I was generously gifted one of these at the last herf, thanks Oz.

I have to agree as somebody with very little experience with Boli that this was a thoroughly enjoyable experience. I'm a massive fan of the HdM and this smoke had enough of the coacoa and cream with the addition of spice. I will be on the look out for a hand picked box as my next addition.

H. Upmann No. 2 LUB ABR 14

These remind me of the stellar 2010 cigars that were consistently 95+ points. The viscous creamy smoke with lickings of raw sugar, espresso and cedar were eye opening. 12+ months in the humidor and these should blossom into something truly special over time.

• Like 1

Romeo y Julieta Exhibicion No.4 POU JUN 13

This cigar represents the Romeo y Julieta marca at its finest! It is complex, medium-to-full bodied, with leather, hints of sweetness akin to cherry or sticky date and a beautiful viscosity of smoke with each puff.

San Cristobal la Fuerza (fine dark wrapper 2012)

Shares many similar characteristics. If you love the R&J E4...then You will also enjoy a great SCLF

San Cristobal la Fuerza (fine dark wrapper 2012)

Shares many similar characteristics. If you love the R&J E4...then You will also enjoy a great SCLF

Thanks Rob for the recommendation! ok.gif This one has an interesting vitola size...the same ring gauge as a robusto (50) but 17mm longer at 141mm.

The very same cigars that are on the 24:24 today. They're not all the way to full bore caramel sticks yet, but what is fascinating is how clearly you can taste that they are well on their way there. They are a beautiful smoke as is, and a wonderful example of sweet flavors in a cigar. Perfect burn, a long smoke, easy draw, and already 4 years old!

agree 100%, It was all I could do to stay off the 24:24 yesterday. I've had several that were spectacularly memorable carmel/nutmeg all the way.

Unique flavour profile. Different gauge entirely but H. Upmann Magnum 50 (great examples only) of the 2014's share many of the characteristics excluding the caramel. It is a different style of sweetness. Put them away for 4-5 years and I think they will be similar cigars in many ways.

Again the Upmann Magum 50 (great examples only) of the 2014's. creme brulee describes the sweetness well. Less of the citrus zest and more fruity stone fruits. Again they need another 3-4 years to really bring out this aspect in more intensity.

Ramon Allones Gigantes (box code is all the way downstairs) 2002

Deep, rich, ultra smooth, yet strength to last the ages, and they keep interest to keep me smoking for 3+ hours

I remember them well! The current batch of Lusi, R&J churchills deliver deep, rich and ultra smooth flavours. Yet they don't deliver the magnificent strength of those 2002 RAG's. The closest I can get is in a different format all together with HQ/PSP 898 of 2014.

• Like 1