Belgium & Switzerland Shops

Hello all,

In 2 weeks I am making a small Euro trip through Switzerland and Belgium and would love to grab some non-Canadian tax Cubans to bring home and to find some nice places to sit and have a smoke after a long day of walking.

I will be in the following cities:

Geneva, Bern, Murren, Zurich, Basel, Brussels, Bruges, and Gent

To any BOTL's from the area, where in those places can I find a good shop to buy a box or 2 and where can I find a nice lounge for a smoke and a drink?

Make sure you get some Benelux REs if/when you can. Belgium has slightly higher prices (due to EU) but (in my opinion) some better REs. They're also much rarer.

Basel's LCDH is a good place to start. i heard that place recommended ALL the time. go there and see what i'm missing :)

Don't get to Switzerland for their REs. honestly, if you want the REs, they're available almost all over the world. rather, check out all the small B&Ms and take a looksies at their rarities. LGC No. 3s, Cohiba LEs (06s, 01,s etc), and punch SSs are a rare but proper sight there. many discont. factory rolls are available there too. Things like Belvederes, Los Statos, etc. Don't bother getting regular productions in switzerland!

that's like going to Andorra and getting a box of 50 RyJ No. 2s! ;)

• Like 1

There is a newer LCDH in Gent... the owners also own the LCDH in Knokke. They have a very good collection of cigars, but I'm not sure what would be available in the Gent location.

You will have a handful of options in Geneva... just do a google search in advance if you don't want to "wing it."

You won't have a problem finding shops in most of the places you are going... just enjoy the hunt! :)

Zurich has a lot of cigar shops. I personally like the LCDH on Bleicherweg. There's also a good one right near the Bahnhof (first shop on the left side of the Bahnhofstrasse).

As Dan mentioned for Zurich, the LCDH on Bliecherweg is the best in town. The other shop he mentioned is a Davidoff shop next to the HB. There is also another Davidoff shop inside the HB (in the underground RailCity) that usually has some Vintage singles to try.

The best Cigar Lounge in the City is Aura, also on Bliecherweg, a short walk from the LCDH.

There,s an lcdh in brussels, gent, knokke and antwerp

All decent places

Bruges is not that interesting anymore (except for missault)

Send me a pm

I.d be happy to show you around and have a smoke together

Bruges is lovely, though more touristy than Ghent, but missault makes up for a lot. Got some great regionals when I was there and recently a good price on some partagas gr and a bottle of surprisingly good Belgian whisky by post :)

• 1 month later...

Gent has the best LCDH in Belgium and their collection cigar are one of the best I ever saw, if Frederic allow you to see his treasure

underground floor, he also has special tobacco beer for customer. I bought 26 boxes from this shop.