kirk cousins (and another bloke) sets world record.

I know, personally, over eleventy thousand people that can do exactly that.

But are busier, doing more amazing things.

for far less money, i suspect. brown is on over US$40 mill for five years and cousins is likely to sign a long term contract which will earn him around US$20 mill a year. so i think we can forgive them for mucking about a bit.

yes, a totally useless record. just a bit of fun. but all that said, i suspect you don't know eleventy thou people who could do it. nor eleven. possibly none. i suspect it is harder to get that to work than it looks.

for far less money, i suspect. brown is on over US$40 mill for five years and cousins is likely to sign a long term contract which will earn him around US$20 mill a year. so i think we can forgive them for mucking about a bit.

yes, a totally useless record. just a bit of fun. but all that said, i suspect you don't know eleventy thou people who could do it. nor eleven. possibly none. i suspect it is harder to get that to work than it looks.

Ken. In all honesty. I have never heard of either of those guys before in my life. And both will be broke 5 years after retirement, which will be next year, or the year after.

How much money they make is a disgusting sign of people's bullshit priorities in life. If you watch sport and don't play it, and live as a vicarious fan(atic), and contribute to their salaries, then I have no words for you.

My mate's wife, took 7 kids to the beach the other day. All under 6 years old. Two of hers, their 2 cousins, and her best mate's 3. None of them died or got injured. They had a great time, and the photos looked cute. That... is amazing.

Football is ****.

And, just a little FYI, I caught a beer on the weekend, at a 30th birthday party, thrown fresh from the esky. About the same distance in the video. It was, cold, and damp, and tumbled through the air.

I then drank the beer. Which was amazing.

You can set a World record for almost anything these days if it hasn't been thought of yet... rolleyes.gif

I knew a guy who set the Guinness World Record for upside down juggling back in 2005. He did it just because he could and nobody else had officially done it.

Ken. In all honesty. I have never heard of either of those guys before in my life. And both will be broke 5 years after retirement, which will be next year, or the year after.

How much money they make is a disgusting sign of people's bullshit priorities in life. If you watch sport and don't play it, and live as a vicarious fan(atic), and contribute to their salaries, then I have no words for you.

My mate's wife, took 7 kids to the beach the other day. All under 6 years old. Two of hers, their 2 cousins, and her best mate's 3. None of them died or got injured. They had a great time, and the photos looked cute. That... is amazing.

Football is ****.

And, just a little FYI, I caught a beer on the weekend, at a 30th birthday party, thrown fresh from the esky. About the same distance in the video. It was, cold, and damp, and tumbled through the air.

I then drank the beer. Which was amazing.

morning J

i am assuming this is your version of a wind-up.

first, may i congratulate you on your catching of a beer. as a former wicketkeeper, i would suggest it is probably easier to catch smaller objects one-handed but that could be debated. but an achievement in any event. mind you, these guys did 40 times in a minute. yes, a totally useless skill. and you did not mention if yours was one-handed. no matter.

however, i must say i find it less amazing than yourself that a grown man was able to consume a beer but each to his own.

as to your other points -

the fact that you have not heard of these gentlemen previously is solely a matter for you. i would not comment on what may be an indication of the lack of an all-round education.

as to whether they will broke 5 years after retirement, that seems a harsh and rather subjective judgment. and i presume tongue in cheek? i do not know a lot about brown but cousins, who is really only starting out on his career and could have more than a decade ahead of him, rather than your suggested next year, strikes me as very much the sort who is level-headed and will take advantage of his good fortune. i will be surprised if he falls into your category. stunned even i agree that many sportsmen do waste their good fortune, but so do musicians, artists, businessmen and people from all walks of life. there are many sportsmen who have gone on to very successful careers post retirement, whether based on their earnings from sport or not.

"if you watch sport and don't play it..." wow! i played heaps of sport when younger. the fact that age (and yes, declining ability) prevents me from diving around behind the stumps or futilely sticking my head into the back of a maul, should surely not prevent me from the pleasure of watching others do the same.

the better sportsmen and women have rare skills. merely because one does not enjoy or appreciate their pursuits and skills should hardly condemn them as a 'bullshit priority'. if i get pleasure from sport, why shouldn't i? there are people who get pleasure from the accordian. i would prefer that meant instant death but sadly not.

sure, $20 mill for playing football seems absurd but remember, the USA has a population of around 320 mill, depending on presidential whims. there are 32 NFL teams. every one of them wants a top QB and one or two backups. they will pay huge money for them as they are so hard to find. and yet, there are probably only around 10 to 12 people in that country at any one time who qualify as a top QB. out of 320 million. those people can win games, can earn many times more for their team owners than they get paid, give great pleasure to millions of fans, do things others cannot. you wonder why they get this money?

i am certainly not advocating some sort of bizarre democratic lowest common denominator - after all, reality TV? spare me. but these guys have skills and are rewarded for them.

finally, i am very happy that a mother managed to take some kids and their friends to the beach sans fatality (i reckon i could manage that 6 out of 10 times) but i am not sure it equates to a hundred at lords or a man of the match performance in a grand final.

morning J

i am assuming this is your version of a wind-up.

first, may i congratulate you on your catching of a beer. as a former wicketkeeper, i would suggest it is probably easier to catch smaller objects one-handed but that could be debated. but an achievement in any event. mind you, these guys did 40 times in a minute. yes, a totally useless skill. and you did not mention if yours was one-handed. no matter.

however, i must say i find it less amazing than yourself that a grown man was able to consume a beer but each to his own.

as to your other points -

the fact that you have not heard of these gentlemen previously is solely a matter for you. i would not comment on what may be an indication of the lack of an all-round education.

as to whether they will broke 5 years after retirement, that seems a harsh and rather subjective judgment. and i presume tongue in cheek? i do not know a lot about brown but cousins, who is really only starting out on his career and could have more than a decade ahead of him, rather than your suggested next year, strikes me as very much the sort who is level-headed and will take advantage of his good fortune. i will be surprised if he falls into your category. stunned even i agree that many sportsmen do waste their good fortune, but so do musicians, artists, businessmen and people from all walks of life. there are many sportsmen who have gone on to very successful careers post retirement, whether based on their earnings from sport or not.

"if you watch sport and don't play it..." wow! i played heaps of sport when younger. the fact that age (and yes, declining ability) prevents me from diving around behind the stumps or futilely sticking my head into the back of a maul, should surely not prevent me from the pleasure of watching others do the same.

the better sportsmen and women have rare skills. merely because one does not enjoy or appreciate their pursuits and skills should hardly condemn them as a 'bullshit priority'. if i get pleasure from sport, why shouldn't i? there are people who get pleasure from the accordian. i would prefer that meant instant death but sadly not.

sure, $20 mill for playing football seems absurd but remember, the USA has a population of around 320 mill, depending on presidential whims. there are 32 NFL teams. every one of them wants a top QB and one or two backups. they will pay huge money for them as they are so hard to find. and yet, there are probably only around 10 to 12 people in that country at any one time who qualify as a top QB. out of 320 million. those people can win games, can earn many times more for their team owners than they get paid, give great pleasure to millions of fans, do things others cannot. you wonder why they get this money?

i am certainly not advocating some sort of bizarre democratic lowest common denominator - after all, reality TV? spare me. but these guys have skills and are rewarded for them.

finally, i am very happy that a mother managed to take some kids and their friends to the beach sans fatality (i reckon i could manage that 6 out of 10 times) but i am not sure it equates to a hundred at lords or a man of the match performance in a grand final.

That was fantastic

Worth the effort

Sent from my iPhone

I like Antonio Brown. Seems like a good guy, and he's a fantastic player. I don't think he's one that will end up broke, but I guess you never know. Literally every single wide receiver and tight end in the NFL can do what he did in the video, though. I doubt there's a receiver in the college game who couldn't do it as well. Hell, I've never played the game at a high level, and I'm pretty sure I could do it. Especially with the gloves they wear.

The difference is that Cousins could have thrown the ball about as hard as he could, and Brown still would have caught most of them one-handed. These guys have huge hands that are so strong, it's amazing they ever drop passes. If you ever go to an NFL game and get there early enough to watch the receivers run their route trees in warmups, you're likely to see some receivers catch everything one-handed. I used to watch Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne catch passes in warmups from Peyton. High level NFL skill players seem to bend the laws of physics.

slightly off topic but the one hand thing - when i lived in the states and we played corporate softball, and from watching some baseball, it struck me that baseball would have been a better game if only those on base on the infield, and obviously the catcher, were allowed mitts.