Action Thriller Criminal - Kevin Costner a bad Guy

MIKA27

Bad Guy Kevin Costner Gets a Good-Guy Brain Implant in Action Thriller Criminal

When traditional law enforcement tactics fail, why not turn to mad science? In Criminal, a vicious sociopath (played by Kevin Costner) undergoes a procedure that implants a recently deceased CIA agents’s skills and at least one very important memory into his brain. Sure, that sounds totally reasonable.

Nah. It actually sounds totally ridiculous (and more than a bit Demolition Man-y). But sometimes ridiculous is awesome, especially when it comes packaged as an action movie starring not just Costner but also Tommy Lee Jones and Gary Oldman (the JFK reunion I’ve been dreaming of! What, no role for Kevin Bacon?), as well as moonlighting superheroes Gal Gadot and Ryan Reynolds.
Ariel Vromen, who made well-received Michael Shannon crime drama The Iceman, directs from a script by Douglas Cook and David Weisberg—the duo who dreamed up The Rock, another ridiculous (but also awesome) action movie with a heavy-hitting cast. Criminal is due out April 15.

• 5 months later...

I watched this one a few nights back and was bitterly disappointed.

Overall the story was a mess, bad writing, bad direction, I watched the whole movie but had a lot of hope on this.

12 minutes ago, Fosgate said:

Not the first Costner movie to be a sad sack of disappointment. 

Yes, well it seems like only yesterday that I remember 'The Postman' failing spectacularly to deliver.

On 24/07/2016 at 0:54 AM, Fosgate said:

And Water World, and Jack Ryan and 3 Days to Kill and Draft Day and....

For what it was worth, 3 days to kill wasn't actually all that bad IMO. But each to their own. :)