Cigar Review – La Flor de Cano Siboney 2014 RE Canada, Sep 2014 “OEP” box code; Final Score – 82

So, when down at last weeks Encuentros Partagas, I and a number of other Canadian bloggers, vendors, and passionate consumers got to participate in an invite pre-release tasting panel of the new 2014 Edicion Regional for Canada, the La Flor de Cano Siboney. I say new in that its the 2014 RE, yet it still hasnt been released to market (expected release date to the Canadian market, per Havana House personnel there at the event, puts the release date somewhere in the January-February 2015 timeframe).

A few weeks before we went down for this event, I was able to get teed up with Damarys and Roger from Havana House (the official Habanos distributor in Canada), and they were generous in their invite details and planning in letting myself and a number of other Canadian travellers to participate in this event. No matter the outcome of the cigar tasting, Roger and others there were generous hosts, and we had a great roundtable discussion on some various points that afternoon. It was nice to see a number of the other ladies and gents there that day, including seeing Jose Lugo again after a number of years (formerly with Havana House in Canada).

But for the cigar it wasnt a good day

Well, I seem to be having continuing issues with the formatting / posting issues here right now.

So, for the full review and pictures, check out my blog post on the review for a first look at this new release cigar:

http://lights-sirens-and-cigars.com/2014/11/24/cigar-review-la-flor-de-cano-siboney-2014-re-canada-sep-2014-oep-box-code-final-score-82/

• Like 1

Damn, that is way to expensive based on the size of the cigar imo. I have always like the LFDC flavour profile from the Corona, to the GB SR, to the Asian Grandiosos and the finally the GB GC. Was really hoping that this one would be just as good and also offered at a more realistic price point. Also shame they didn't use the Green Ink on the boxes like was done with the original Corona's and the GB LFDC RE's. I just think that Green Ink/Seal adds a bit more to the presentation.

Here's my review:

http://cigarfederation.com/profiles/blogs/pre-release-review-la-flor-de-cano-siboney-exclusivo-canada-2014

My impressions of the La Flor de Cano Siboney Exclusivo Canada 2014 is that it was not ready for release. It’s possible that the rainy environment contributed, and my review was not done under ideal conditions.

My biggest concerns are that La Flor de Cano is not a well known Marca for the average smoker, the vitola is very small, it is competing against fantastic cigars around the same vitola, and the price point in the Canadian market puts it at a huge disadvantage. As a consumer I think the 10 count box size is the ideal target for the Canadian market. I can see Canadian B&M retailers having a tough time moving 25 count boxes of these.

I hope my assessment doesn’t come across as too harsh or negative. I sincerely hope that the La Flor de Cano Siboney Exclusivo Canada 2014 develops into an outstanding cigar in 2015 and flies off the shelves.

• Like 1

Very disappointed to hear this. Love the LFDC profile and the minuto vitola. This would have been a home run for me despite the ridiculous price.

Agreed!! Would have made sure to get a box or two... perhaps a fiver to give them a go.

• Like 1