Best and worst of flavor....

Leaving aside the worst parts of flavor like metallic, bitter, and ammonia. In the normal flavor range what is you best and worst of flavors.

My least favorite flavor is "earthy" like you get in a VR Classico.

My favorites are mild peppery like an epicure 2 , and nutty like Hup Magnum 46.

What flavor aspects are your best and worst?

Regards,

Doug

This is an really good post and should speak volumes to each persons palate and preferred flavour profiles. People often ask me what my favorite cigar is or to recommend one to them and for each individual it is different. For me I like the earthy flavours of the VR and Partagas lines and am not a fan of overly sharp spicy cigars like almost every non cuban I have tried. The Punch brand seems to capture my favorite flavours. nice amount of earthiness, aged rum fruitcake and old wiskey barrel woddiness.

black cherry and mandarin orange are on the favorite side

grit and roots are on the negative side

Mandarin orange.. now that is a flavour that I have never come across in a cigar. Not sure about the grit and roots but i am assuming that the cigar got dropped in a mud puddle.

Man, I wish I could discern the flavors you guys describe! Been smoking for 6-7 years anyways, but rarely taste honey, nuts, vanilla, chocolate, leather, citrus, etc. I do get different tastes depending on the marca, but it's much more generalized than what many of you are describing. The grassiness of a Cohiba is probably the one flavor that I could consistently identify.