Cohiba Siglo VI Question - Box of 10

ElPuro

Quick question for the experts on the Siglo VI 10-pack. Just picked this up from a reputable vendor but wanted to clarify a packaging question. I don't have photos handy, but can post some later today if it seems like it would be helpful.

I'm a newbie to the Cohiba line, but the smokes themselves look like they should. Construction is nice with the right-colored wrapper, minimal veining. Box is from mid-2014, so it has the new bands. All appears well there. Graphics are clear, with no obvious issues to my untrained eye. Box is varnished slide top with all the appropriate markings. Good graphic quality. Nice colors in the blacks.

I had a few concerns with the other packaging, though, and figured this post might help clarify for others down the line. I recall it is an ARG box code perhaps from August.

Issues:

• The shield on the warranty seal was not split on the box. While the overall seal placement generally was correct, the shield was off to one side of the edge.
  • The inner cedar was straight-cut at the corner
  • No Cohiba sticker on the rice paper inside (as there is on the 25-count box). Is there supposed to be?
  • There was no ribbon around the cigars, but preliminary research indicates there isn't supposed to be on the 10-count. Hoping to confirm with someone more expert than I.

If it turns out there is not supposed to be a ribbon or a sticker on the rice paper, I'd be 100% OK with the other issues (shield and cedar) as I understand those are normal variations. I'm probably 80-90 percent sure the smokes are legit, but would love your thoughts - especially from someone with 10-count experience.

Quick question for the experts on the Siglo VI 10-pack. Just picked this up from a reputable vendor but wanted to clarify a packaging question. I don't have photos handy, but can post some later today if it seems like it would be helpful.

I'm a newbie to the Cohiba line, but the smokes themselves look like they should. Construction is nice with the right-colored wrapper, minimal veining. Box is from mid-2014, so it has the new bands. All appears well there. Graphics are clear, with no obvious issues to my untrained eye. Box is varnished slide top with all the appropriate markings. Good graphic quality. Nice colors in the blacks.

I had a few concerns with the other packaging, though, and figured this post might help clarify for others down the line. I recall it is an ARG box code perhaps from August.

Issues:

• The shield on the warranty seal was not split on the box. While the overall seal placement generally was correct, the shield was off to one side of the edge.
  • The inner cedar was straight-cut at the corner
  • No Cohiba sticker on the rice paper inside (as there is on the 25-count box). Is there supposed to be?
  • There was no ribbon around the cigars, but preliminary research indicates there isn't supposed to be on the 10-count. Hoping to confirm with someone more expert than I.

If it turns out there is not supposed to be a ribbon or a sticker on the rice paper, I'd be 100% OK with the other issues (shield and cedar) as I understand those are normal variations. I'm probably 80-90 percent sure the smokes are legit, but would love your thoughts - especially from someone with 10-count experience.

Look for a thread I created few days ago. With a UV light you will see a code in the bands,

I think it will take a while to be counterfeited.

• Like 1

Thanks! Please accept my breach of protocol on two fronts:

First, although I searched on this issue I apparently used bad terms because I missed the previous thread.

Two, although I posted in other forums, I made my first thread regarding authenticity.

In any event, I appreciate your willingness to ignore my transgressions and respond. I'll stick these puppies under UV light.

Carl

No worries Carl.

At least you took the time to introduce yourself first. Welcome to FOH!

• Like 1

Thanks! Please accept my breach of protocol on two fronts:

First, although I searched on this issue I apparently used bad terms because I missed the previous thread.

Two, although I posted in other forums, I made my first thread regarding authenticity.

In any event, I appreciate your willingness to ignore my transgressions and respond. I'll stick these puppies under UV light.

Carl

Usually I link the thread I am referring to but I was using my cell phone at that moment.

Welcome to FoH. We hope we hear from you more times.