Smoking cigars in Beijing

Hello all

I'm planning to go Beijing in October (nice cold weather 6c-16c but bad air 250-400 PSI )

I was wondering if anyone can help me with the following:

1) what are the good smoking spots/bars? Is there a LCDH? (A quick google search states there's a LCDH in Westin hotel. Still valid?)

2) any idea what kind of prices I'm expected to pay for Cubans in Beijing? (Otherwise I'd bring a reasonably sized stash).

Many thanks!

Lionel from Singapore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My son lives in Beijing. He reports that Cuban Cigars are a luxury item and are priced accordingly. You use to be able to smoke everywhere but they are tightening down on that with the rest of the world. We are planning trip to visit him and he suggested that I bring my own.

Safe travels.

Jeff

• 2 months later...

I'm heading to Beijing next wed, cool weather !

Hey folks, so joints to check out :

Park hyatt

Swissotel Macau centre

Any where else anyone here has personally visited? I will be bring my own stogies

• 9 months later...

Reviving this since I'll be visiting Beijing and Thailand (Bangkok, Chaing Mai) in a few weeks. Love to know where to find a good place to smoke, and whether there are any cigar shops worth visiting in both spots. I can bring my own stogies of course, but not sure if I would have trouble bringing back what I don't smoke.

• 2 weeks later...

Just back today from a week in Beijing. Struggled a bit with places to smoke as all hotels have banned smoking in 2015 in the city. Found a couple of decent bars but sorry would never remember the names. The duty free was fairly standard fare but exorbitantly priced. Anywhere directly outside of Beijing you can smoke pretty much anywhere. 

Just back today from a week in Beijing. Struggled a bit with places to smoke as all hotels have banned smoking in 2015 in the city. Found a couple of decent bars but sorry would never remember the names. The duty free was fairly standard fare but exorbitantly priced. Anywhere directly outside of Beijing you can smoke pretty much anywhere. 

There is still southern china where you can smoke everywhere:)

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks@Webbo. Any LCDH?

• 11 months later...

Report from the LCDH St Regis...unfortunately short.

No more smoking in the lounge.  Really expensive cigars.  Boxes of CCEs $1041 USD, boxes of Siglo IV $1079 USD.

If anyone knows any lounges where you can still smoke inside, I'm definitely keen to know as I'm coming here on business a lot.   Thanks!

• 10 months later...

I'm in Beijing now, and with the no anti-smoking rules in place, I couldn't find any indoor lounges that allow smoking anymore.   After doing some online research, I decided to stay at the Nuo Hotel in the Chaoyang district.  I am so glad I made that decision.  they have a rooftop bar called O'Bar, that allows smoking, and is VERY cigar friendly.   I've been at the bar 4 nights straight, and am there right now having an afternoon smoke in the indoor terrace as it's raining today.   This is probably one of the best places for cigar smoking in the city.  

IMG_5322.jpg

IMG_5321.jpg

IMG_5306.jpg

IMG_5026.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 years later...

Just updating this thread.  I go to Beijing twice a year for work and Beijing is one of the most cigar unfriendly places i have been to.  Particularly in the winter when i usually go.  Cigar shops  dont allow smoking inside, which i think is a ridiculous rule.  But they are totally overpriced anyways and not worth checking out.

The only place where i find refuge are these bars in san li tun.. right on the main strip.  There is one with very friendly staff, but i am afraid i forgot the name of the place.

Last time i smoked there was Dec 2019, before Covid, so things might have changed.