Store the Box and the Cardboard and the Fuzzy Sleeve?

Store the whole thing? Or just the minimal?  

84 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Most of our boxes come in a simple dress box or cab that we just plop into the humidor. But some special boxes come all dolled up with an extra cardboard box (which usually is where the box code and date are stamped) and even with fuzzy, velvet sleeves to protect glossy paint. All of this stuff absorbs moisture and isn't as durable as the basic cigar boxes. Do you toss the entire lot into the humi for aging? Or do you strip it down?

Me, I save the extras on a separate shelf, and just put the cigars and their boxes into the humi, with a tag recording the box code information.

everything goes in a cab.

boxcodes go on a list.

let the good times roll................

Not sure I follow, do you mean just dress boxes or all non-Cabinet boxes? For instance what would you do with a box of monte 4s?

I think I might have to re-evaluate my storage paradigm.

Basic boxes for me.. I wrote the factory code and date on my Encantos and my Cohiba's with the exception of the Behike's have the codes on both cardboard and box.

Mostly remove the cardboard on open boxes, keep it on full ones. Keep the sock on the Behikes.

Just the box

I'll write the box code on the bottom of the wood box and toss the rest

Even the fancy outer box that comes with the Diplomaticos, if I end up getting a box I'll be telling rob to ditch the cardboard outer to save on shipping

Window dressing is nice but at the end of the day it adds nothing to how the cigar smokes and just takes up more room in the humidor or ends up as a dust collector

Just the box

I'll write the box code on the bottom of the wood box and toss the rest

Even the fancy outer box that comes with the Diplomaticos, if I end up getting a box I'll be telling rob to ditch the cardboard outer to save on shipping

Window dressing is nice but at the end of the day it adds nothing to how the cigar smokes and just takes up more room in the humidor or ends up as a dust collector

Agreed and all good if you plan to keep and smoke them.

Collectors and potential resellers would most likely keep them intact.

I keep them intact. However, I don't have a lot of cardboard boxes. So it isn't a big issue. Once I open a box like that I will keep the box code and ditch the cardboard.

^^this^^