Early morning Airports....

Something strangely calming about early morning airports. Up at 3:30am, airport by 5, lounge, paper, quick breakfast, flight 6am. Home tonight at 8:30 pm

The airport at 5am is hardly bustling here in Brisbane town but there is a nice vibe as people start their day.

Just a few meetings and a quick duck into the warehouse to check on a few things. Cracker 24:24 later.

See you in a few hours party.gif

Reminds me of a great early morning airport story...

My father in law is married and has 3 daughters (2, 10, 17 at the time). He is vastly outnumbered. The family was living in Ohio, about an hour or so drive from the airport at the time. One year he scheduled the family vacation to the East Coast to visit the beach for the summer. To make sure they didn't run into any delays, he schedule one of the first flights out. The flight was scheduled to leave about 6am so they had to get up extra early, shower, dress, etc. and get out of house around 3:30am to park, check bags, get through security and get to the gate in time for boarding.

He got a huge amount of grief for this scheduling but he figured a little grief now might save a lot of grief later. So, on the date of the trip, he wakes up the family, gets everyone dressed, packed, loaded, and off they go for the hour drive to the airport. They get there and park. Everyone grabs their luggage and they huff it to the ticket counter. Everyone is tired and miserable. They are hungry want to get this over with a fast as possible.

So, everyone is as the ticket counter and he checks everyone in. All of a sudden, they hear a lot of commotion and he walks back over to the family. He then proceeds to tell them they did a great job getting up, showered, dressed and packed. He then proceeds to tell them they did such a great job...

...they actually got to the airport 1 day too early.

(He still get **** for this one)

• Like 2

Just got back from airport (domestic) seeing my wife off on a business trip didn't think she would want to go through security with me ,well as it turned out i didn't left jet lighter in my pocket wouldn't let me through even though i wasn't flying

bloody Nazi's,would have let me through but would have to loose my lighter so goodbye honeylmao.gif

not happy Jan .innocent.gif

• Like 1

Early mornings are ok. Having had half a decade of working as a contractor to UPS it's the sun rising after being up all night that sucks!

Beautiful morning this morning Pres.

That's going to be my routine tomorrow morning except my flight is a bit later at 7am.

Not a morning person but lucky i can fall asleep on planes before they even take off.

Try travelling in Africa where you actually HAVE TO take the first flight out in a lot of locations because it will be the only flight that leaves on time...Oh and the good thing is that those locations have no facilities at all, so a healthy english breakfast is not an option.