Nespresso

jazzmonkey

I bought a Nespresso Citiz about a month ago and I love it! Never thought I'd be able to enjoy coffee from capsules before I bought this. I use to buy; Intelligentsia, Metropolis, Kona or Blue Mountain coffee what I considered to be pretty good.

But the ease of use, quality and price of these Nespresso capsules is just great! The limited edition like the Napoli and Triste were great and I find I have a lot of choices with the 16 regular capsules. Plus the Aeroccino is heaven when you're in a hurry to make a nice cappuccino or latte.

Now I'm not saying that it's as good as a 2k+ machine, but for my needs it's great.

Anyone else has one...

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I purchased one and got rid of it 3 months later... I just did not enjoy it at all.... I invested in a Jura espresso machine to replace it, and I could not be any happier!

We have one here and we love it, so does everyone else who comes over. A priest (who studied in Rome and has an espresso machine that costs 1k+) came over and tried it and ended up buying a nespresso

I'm a dedicated Kazaar man myself, but when enjoying an espresso with a cigar (rare for me) I can't go past the light fruitiness of the Volluto. Perfect taste match with milder cigars, and light enoug

Lots of folks have them here! Some love the limited edition flavored coffees, but me, I am a purist. I especially dig the ones that are 8,9 and 10 - like the dark green and black ones!

I actually won a Tassimo for tweeting the most about coffee in a single day once. (I was in the coffee biz full time). Nespresso is superior.

I actually purchased one last night as a Tactical Mother's Day GIft.

Keuring is starting to take a dump - wife loves macchiatos and lattes.

Me loves espresso, especially with my cigars.

Lots of folks have them here! Some love the limited edition flavored coffees, but me, I am a purist. I especially dig the ones that are 8,9 and 10 - like the dark green and black ones!

I actually won a Tassimo for tweeting the most about coffee in a single day once. (I was in the coffee biz full time). Nespresso is superior.

Same here. The Ristretto, Arpeggio, Roma and Indrya are my fav so far. And the two limited are great, although they don't last very long. I'm glad I bought 10 of each, they're already gone from the website.

Same here. The Ristretto, Arpeggio, Roma and Indrya are my fav so far. And the two limited are great, although they don't last very long. I'm glad I bought 10 of each, they're already gone from the website.

I see you can just about any of these on eBay. Like limited edition and special cigars, I think people buy them and then flip them.

I see you can just about any of these on eBay. Like limited edition and special cigars, I think people buy them and then flip them.

Really!

what I've seen is people using the capsules, taking the coffee out and filling them with coffee they bought. Then take a foil to make the cover. I've purchased this, so that it would be easy and quick. But to each their own, I guess. Don't mean to laugh at what they're doing. Just seems the opposite purpose of the machine for me.

Really!

what I've seen is people using the capsules, taking the coffee out and filling them with coffee they bought. Then take a foil to make the cover. I've purchased this, so that it would be easy and quick. But to each their own, I guess. Don't mean to laugh at what they're doing. Just seems the opposite purpose of the machine for me.

I have been in the coffee business for several years. The feedback I get on the fill it yourself caps (and years ago there were Keurig ones) is they are more mess than they are worth, and you are using your coffee and their bought gizmo anyway. Then there is clean up and potential damage to your machine.

What we do is sometimes we have Nespresso, and sometimes brewed coffee. That way we mix it up a bit.

I have been in the coffee business for several years. The feedback I get on the fill it yourself caps (and years ago there were Keurig ones) is they are more mess than they are worth, and you are using your coffee and their bought gizmo anyway. Then there is clean up and potential damage to your machine.

What we do is sometimes we have Nespresso, and sometimes brewed coffee. That way we mix it up a bit.

I'm completely addicted to Nespresso for now. I'm probably going to have a few Bodums in the future like I use to. But now it's the new toy.

Can I ask you what you do, when you say you're in the coffee business?

I'm completely addicted to Nespresso for now. I'm probably going to have a few Bodums in the future like I use to. But now it's the new toy.

Can I ask you what you do, when you say you're in the coffee business?

Sure. It's on my profile. I have a little online company called rocketfuelcoffee.com. I used to be at it full time but now it is more like a hobby.

Isn't just like a liquid or a kit you put in?

Yea, it's a kit you buy from Nespresso (I think it's like lactic acid or something, which gets rid of the mineral buildup). Quite honestly, I've tried using vodka and it works just as well.

We have one here and we love it, so does everyone else who comes over.

A priest (who studied in Rome and has an espresso machine that costs 1k+) came over and tried it and ended up buying a nespresso machine too. Then he told other priests at a meeting, and now about half of the priests in the diocese own a nespresso machine.

• Like 1

Used to have a Nespresso EN90 before buying a automatic machine (the Nespresso is now in my Malasian condo). It was a great little machine and so easy to use. Of the standard range my favourites were Ristretto, Indriya, Arpeggio, and Capricio. The standout limited edition has to be the Kazaar. I must have bought over 100 capsules of this one. Such a pity I can't get any more.

Just one thing to note, the Aeroccino will start to breakdown after about 1 year daily use. I've replaced mine 3 times (had both the heater only and the dual hot/cold milk frother models). Some times I think I should've just bought an aftermarket frother instead of buying another Aeroccino. Apparently it is a fairly common problem for the thermostat to fail.

For those that wish to grind and use their own coffee with a Nespresso machine, you can buy reusable pods. There's a bunch of brands on the market nowadays that are compatible with most Nespresso machines (eg Coffeeduck, MrCoffeePod, etc).

Used to have a Nespresso EN90 before buying a automatic machine (the Nespresso is now in my Malasian condo). It was a great little machine and so easy to use. Of the standard range my favourites were Ristretto, Indriya, Arpeggio, and Capricio. The standout limited edition has to be the Kazaar. I must have bought over 100 capsules of this one. Such a pity I can't get any more.

Just one thing to note, the Aeroccino will start to breakdown after about 1 year daily use. I've replaced mine 3 times (had both the heater only and the dual hot/cold milk frother models). Some times I think I should've just bought an aftermarket frother instead of buying another Aeroccino. Apparently it is a fairly common problem for the thermostat to fail.

For those that wish to grind and use their own coffee with a Nespresso machine, you can buy reusable pods. There's a bunch of brands on the market nowadays that are compatible with most Nespresso machines (eg Coffeeduck, MrCoffeePod, etc).

Yes I've seen a few reviews about the frother. It's a shame because it does a nice job for both cappuccino and latte. Hopefully it doesn't break down too quickly.

I have had a Nespresso machine for eight months now and love it. I went with the Pixie as it was the most compact machine that was still made in Switzerland. The U was made in china so avoider that. I grew up with a 130yr old brass 6 head machine and honestly think the machine makes espresso on par not better but close. As for the roasts the limited have been mostly hit or miss. The flavored ones from Christmas season were just OK IMO and a few of the others were not great, however the Trieste and Napoli currently out are great. As for the regular pods the Black pod Ristreto and Purple Arrpegio are probably the best ones if you like strong espresso. I think the best light one is the pink pod Rosabaya.

Have had the Nespresso for years now and love it. Somewhat new to me is pairing a coffee with cigars, as in the past its been pretty much al-key-hole only

• 3 months later...

Just got some new flavours in....

IMG_20130831_113620-1_zps103c736e.jpg

I have yet to try the Kazaar. can you give us any thoughts on this blend. It is something I will pick up next time I'm in NY at the Nespresso store in NY.