Email issues ?

BlueClaw

hi All,

for give me if i should not be posting technical issues here and redirect me. but.. since i changed my email signon password a couple weeks ago i stopped getting notifications from the Forum and topics i subscribed to. I checked and double and triple checked the setting on this Forum and it's set to immediate notification.. but I have not gotten 1 notification for a couple weeks now.

actually, come to think of it.. i also migrated to windows 7 from XP.. i wonder if that has anything to do with it. I did check my firewall and this site isn't being blocked.

any technical folks out there that maybe can she some insight?

I probably won't get notified by any of your responses to this post but i'll check every now and then.. but if you want to email me my address is [email protected]

thanks

It's a data-centre issue upstream from us.

We've been having performance issues lately as a result of what I believe to be a tightening of the available server resources on Rackspace Cloud Sites infrastructure. We're nowhere near our quota limits, but performance has suffered regardless.

As a result, when there's a lot of concurrent visitors, the site is running out of RAM and some users are getting timeouts and double-posts. The notifications not sending will be related as site-based emails tend to be flaky when RAM is low.

It's a really frustrating situation for us as we've been at Rackspace for 5 years with little to no problems and it's completely beyond our control. Whatever has happened occurred without notice or explanation and tech support aren't forthcoming with a solution, so we're on the hunt for a new provider.

Over the last month I've vetted about a dozen alternative hosts and we're close to making a decision on where to migrate the site. We'll keep you guys posted as we get closer to the move.

Thanks bro. Keep up the good work!

• 3 weeks later...

Jason / refresh,

I just posted something similar in another thread. I'm not getting the notification e-mails of new personal messages - been going on since about late July. And now that I read the above and thinking back, over the same timeline I've had some of the other issues too - webpage timing out or not available, posting/format issues, etc. Pretty frustrating actually.

Is this still a work in progress? I've rechecked and reupdated my profile settings, and ensure that e-mail notifications are set to on for new messages, but it's still not being received.

Is this still a work in progress? I've rechecked and reupdated my profile settings, and ensure that e-mail notifications are set to on for new messages, but it's still not being received.

It is indeed Keith. We are trying to limit the potential downtime, so Jason is doing what he does best. Hopefully we can have it all finalised ASAP, but all that fancy technology is handled (superbly) by Jas. I can just confirm that we are undergoing upgrades, and that there will be slight inconveniences in the interim.

It is indeed Keith. We are trying to limit the potential downtime, so Jason is doing what he does best. Hopefully we can have it all finalised ASAP, but all that fancy technology is handled (superbly) by Jas. I can just confirm that we are undergoing upgrades, and that there will be slight inconveniences in the interim.

UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!

hole.gifmob.gif

....jk. I'll shut up (for a few seconds anyways)...