Punch Descobridores Portugal RE

Ophidion

DPfP1l.jpgPrelight:Smooth wrapper which is slightly oily. The cigar is firm yet pliant and has a wonderful cold draw that reveals nuts of tobacco leather and salt.u8bzLl.jpg1/3:Semi sour finish with the main players being cedar and a light tobacco flavor. The flavor is leaning towards the medium category and there isn’t any discernible spice. The smoke is voluminous and there is the classic “cuban twang” present towards the end of the first third.VW3qul.jpg2/3:Flavors of salted butter, cedar and tobacco have taken over. The smoke is very creamy but has a peaty finish like scotch. The flavor remains medium and the finish is very crisp and ends abruptly after exhaling. The burn and ash are incredibly even and solid and held on close to the end of the second third.EdQ0tl.jpg3/3:The finish of the cigar was a fitting end to a huge buildup. The flavor remained very buttery and creamy and continued with the same flavor profile that was present in the second third. The finish was incredibly intense and the flavors doubled in terms of intensity.

wnI1Jl.jpg

Overall ImpressionsThis was not a cigar that fell into the “paying double for an extra band and not getting anything out of it” category. It had incredible flavor, great construction and had a wonderful evolution from start to finish. I am really looking to getting some more of these in the future as I can see a lot of potential with aging these.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

This is by far the best Portuguese regional to ever come to market. As a whole, it's a great smoke that I'm glad I went deep on.

Any chance we can work on a trade, P? :)

Wouldn't mind trying one first.

Sent from the Enigma on Tapatalk for BlackBerry.

This is by far the best Portuguese regional to ever come to market. As a whole, it's a great smoke that I'm glad I went deep on.

Agreed!!! I get lots of citrus notes with the salt/minerally flavors. When I'm looking for that that salty orange bomb I always grab one of these
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...