The one that reminds you of why you smoke cigars

LordAnubis

I've been in a bit of a cigar rutt recently. I've bene in Lisboa for a week and have managed to smokea cigar every day. I have found no place to sit down and relax infront of good scenery and a nice beverage, so have been smoking while walking the city. It's been fun, but in no way has any cigar stood out and impressed me. Until today.

I bought a HUpmann No1 tubos. I fly out this evening. This morning i woke up and needed to do the laundry before i left, have no clean clothes left. Found a laundromat and put the clothes in for a wash. Walked out and pulled out the cigar. The cold draw was different, i swear it was banana cake. Definitely a bit of cinnamon in it, maybe smoe light cedar, which i guess is expected from a tubos. It was delicious in any case.

I light up the sucker and the first puffs were amazing!!! HUpmann is quickly becoming my favourite Marca, i mean the Half Corona, Mag 46, and Coronas Major all stand up to their own. I'm staying at the Novotel, which is pretty much in the central business district i believe. I walk around the area, it's Sunday morning 08:00 and absolutely nothing is open, no one is around. I read some coffee shop signs but can't figure out what time they open on sundays, if at all. I continue my stroll. The cigar is everything i want in life. Great flavour, good relaxation, the only thing it doesnt have is boobs.

As i walk around it's a little bit chilly. It would be about 18 degrees. But of course i left my jacket at the hotel, i'll suck it up for a bit, the sun is starting to rise through the buildings at least. This is a wonderful city. It beats Bamako that's for sure :P

Yesterday i found the Casa Del Habano in the city and they turned out to be more of a peterson pipe store than cigars. I was looking for a small bowled pipe and found just what i was after. A nice small bowl straight stem Peterson. The cigar continues to be fantastic. There are hints of caramel, but not as creamy as i often find in the brand. I finally find a coffee shop that's open and sit down for a coffee and a custard filled pastry thing. A nice healthy breakfast :)

post-15810-0-35169700-1411895561_thumb.j

While finishing my coffee the cigar comes to an end, and i have to go back to put my clothes in the dryer. As put the cigar down in the ash tray I renew my faith in cigars. It's been a lot of smoking recently so i'll probably not smoke again for a month till i get to Toronto in early November. Then on to Havana where i'm sure muchos smoking will occur. Better save my lungs.

I fly back to Bamako tonight. We now have to go into the city to renew our visas. Apparently some Malian person tried to go to Aus and got refused entry due to his part in the Coup last year. Now of course he chooses to make life difficult for us on the site. Oh well, such is life in third world countries, we'll get over it.

Have a wonderful rest of the weekend and enjoy your week peoples!

• Like 4

Thanks for sharing Mus, wonderful story

I'm really enjoying the HUpmann marca as well

48 my go to cigar, and have recently enjoyed the Connie & SW from a sampler from our host

Enjoy you travels, be safe and look forward to catching up when next in town

Great story. Mine was a Punch Punch I had the other day, it was perfect. My palette doesn't allow me to recognise flavours readily. All I can say is it tasted like I always thought cigars should taste from when I was a kid watching the old people smoking them. I love it when they taste like cigars. Not only that the mood was perfect.I am building a deck cover for a retired lady and every other day she pulls out an old ashtray and a chair and tells me its smoke break. And then we sit and talk about the government and food recipes. It always gives me time to ponder my cigars in good company. The days have been sunny and warm. Just perfect.

Thanks for sharing Mus, wonderful story

I'm really enjoying the HUpmann marca as well

48 my go to cigar, and have recently enjoyed the Connie & SW from a sampler from our host

Enjoy you travels, be safe and look forward to catching up when next in town

Surely you mean the 46? The 48 is bullplop!cowpoop.gif

• 2 weeks later...