A “Newbie’s” Guide to Habanos Vendors

shrink

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A “Newbie’s” Guide to Developing a Relationship with Your Habanos Vendor For the Cuban cigar consumer, the vendor is arguably the most important link in a long chain that begins in the fields of Cub

Nice writeup Shrink! Thanks for taking the time to create this, I know it took quite a bit of time. I remember back when I was reading the CA Cuban forum and reading all the guys saying how they are

Very good post. I know personally its a trust thing for me. When you get a call from some long haired fellow in Australia on his dime to BS a bit that make a connection in a positive way. Prez...I hav

Nice writeup Shrink! Thanks for taking the time to create this, I know it took quite a bit of time.

I remember back when I was reading the CA Cuban forum and reading all the guys saying how they are going to keep their "Sources" a secret teasing the noobs with their knowledge. It's really disheartening to a noob who wants to give the Cubans a go. It seems so elitist when approached that way and it shouldn't be really.

So I started searching the internet. And find sources I did. You are correct, there are TONS of them. What convinced me to buy however, was the forum right here at FOH. Nice to have a place where the Owner is not only an advocate, but an active member of the forums as well!

Ether

• Like 1

Excellent Excellent post shrink......Very nicely stated and well thought out, and most of all very good advise.

Thanks for taking the time to put this together......

I know I am changing my supplier :lookaround:

In the long run, mate, it's easier to go into Rehab, rather than trying to stay one step ahead of the cops. Besides, it will cadge you some valuable publicity.

Very good post. I know personally its a trust thing for me. When you get a call from some long haired fellow in Australia on his dime to BS a bit that make a connection in a positive way. Prez...I have referred several family members...and I guess I never asked if you need to know that prior to me sending them over to look/buy.

• Like 1

Very well done. I thought you summed up the most important considerations and presented them in an interesting fashion. It really reads like something out of a book or magazine. (A good magazine, not those teen rags that Rob reads to find out whom Lindsey Lohan is dating during her latest stint in rehab.)

» Outstanding post, Bob! So this is what you're thinking about while you're

» smoking all those dynamite 06 and 07's, eh? ;-)

»

» Very well done, mate!

»

» Wilkey

While Wilkey's thinking about fake '06 and '07s. :-P

Moi? :-D

Very well organized and presented! :clap:

• 3 months later...

» A “Newbie’s” Guide to Developing a Relationship with Your Habanos Vendor

»

Thanks for the informative guide...a number of these life-lessons I had to figure out myself through trial-and-error, so this confirms what I've discovered & adds to what I came here to learn!

R

» Most “newbies” who seek sources for genuine Habanos are concerned about

» getting burned, or receiving fakes.

A very nice and informative post.

I wish I had stumbled across a thread like this when I first started my venture into Online Vendors. I too was impatient being used to instant gratification.

Thinking I knew it all, I bought several thousands of dollars of fakes from shady vendors. Wilkey now has the majority of them, and I am waiting for him to do his write ups. Hopefully, if this saves one "Newbie" the same heartbreak, my loss and Wilkeys sluething will be rewarded.

It's a war out there when it comes to finding an honest trustworthy vendor.

**** I wish I was as smart as you Shrink. I was just damn lucky because a freind told me to talk to a guy named Rob at Czar and gave a personal introduction. I was getting stared and finishing my search at the same time.

Same here Mel. Actually I found this on a search..after paying a left nut in England. I signed up and some guy claiming to be Rob actually called me in the States to see if I was an upstanding citizen. (Or to see if my credit was good) !:-D

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...