Fonseca?

AlanB

Anyone have thoughts on Fonseca? I was told they are machine made short filler cigars. I have two friends who have tried them, one says he thinks they are a very decent cheap cigar and he keeps them on hand and the other says not so much.

I sometimes like to smoke when I'm fishing but I hate to blow up a good stick on a windy, rainy day!

I would not mind if it was a less expensive brand

They're neither short filler nor machine made.

I suggest you read up on cubancigarwebsite.com - the best source for information about cuban cigars on the internet.

http://cubancigarwebsite.com/brand.aspx?brand=Fonseca

Thanks for the info I knew I came to the right place

I enjoy them. Very mild, Can become tedious... But when I just want something I can drift with I grab a Forenseca for a treat or a Quintero Favorito for cheap.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Had not bought these in years,got a box 2 months ago.

Have never seen such a shaggy looking wrapper on a cigar,but they smoke very well.

Less sweetness than years ago,heavier flavors, but still a good cheap cigar.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Love to smoke Fonseca as an everyday smoke. The price is right and the flavors are great. You'll get a nice grassy, hay flavor then butter flavor. The wrappers are not the prettiest but the cigars are wonderful! 70d6b95829f6a883a752c7fc2b74d120.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have a box of cosacos on the way. I'm looking for a light cigar that is nuanced. Hopefully they aren't to light.

They are a bit light but what they lack in "punch", they make up in flavor!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 8/4/2018 at 6:08 AM, JayHabanos said:

Fonseca #1 is pretty damn good especially for the price point.  I think I will have to get another box soon 

Just finished some singles gifted by a shop owner once

Also need a box in stock

Smoked my first one yesterday - a #1, MEL Jun 2016, been restig for about 90 days.  I liked it and agree with most of what is said above. Nothing overly complex but a nice overall smoke.

20190119_154714_resized.thumb.jpg.e5e77e602956e9904886f7e822236a00.jpg 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Shelby07 said:

Haha. I don’t know where in Colorado you are, but those who don’t live here will never understand how it can be a beautiful, even hot day with snow on the ground and temperature in the 40’s. 

I'm in Littleton.  It was another relatively warm day again today-until the sun went down!

• 2 months later...

I just came across a cheap box of 2015 Fonseca Delicias at a shop that was just buried and forgotten on a shelf.  First third was the best. Toasted marshmallow, cedar and cinnamon.  Got bitter by the end, but it was nice to have an aged box for me to pick at while my monte 2s and Partagas  D4s get more age on them.  

• 4 months later...
On 5/25/2018 at 2:39 AM, El Corojo said:

I've only had the KDT's; hard to find for me but the price is right and a great little smoke!

I found some KDTs on sale at one vendor and bought some 2015s--tasty little smoke to start the day with morning coffee.   Thanks to folks on this thread for showing me the way to these.

• Like 1

Have only had the no1 and the Cosacos.  Don’t remember the latter much as it was some time ago, but I just had a no1 this weekend and it was very enjoyable.  Barnyard, hay, soft sweetness and touch of cream.  I usually smoke med and med-full sticks.  The first third of the no1 is definitely light but builds to medium towards the final third.  Easy, enjoyable, everyday smokes.  

• 3 weeks later...

I had a Delicias the other day that tastes like salted cooked butter. Was actually good.  Had it with a beer.

They're great with coffee too.