DIY humidor-chest

Joachim

I needed a humidor for my boxes, and of course I wanted an aristocrat or something like that, but I`m a student on a budget so I had to go the cheap way.....for now atleast..

I made it out of normal wood from the lumbermill, the inside is plywood covered in black plastic. I did this to keep the "wood smell" out, and it works like a charm. The humi has no odor what so ever, and it keeps the humidity and temp rock steady.

It has been up for two months now, and I could not be happier with it.

Capacity: 25-30 boxes.

Price: 120 USD

Some photos:

1-2.jpg2-2.jpg

3-2.jpg4-2.jpg

5-2.jpg6-2.jpg

7-1.jpgferdig.jpg

• 6 months later...
I needed a humidor for my boxes, and of course I wanted an aristocrat or something like that, but I`m a student on a budget so I had to go the cheap way.....for now atleast..

I made it out of normal wood from the lumbermill, the inside is plywood covered in black plastic. I did this to keep the "wood smell" out, and it works like a charm. The humi has no odor what so ever, and it keeps the humidity and temp rock steady.

It has been up for two months now, and I could not be happier with it.

Capacity: 25-30 boxes.

Price: 120 USD

Hello all!

My first post here....:(

To Joachim, couple you maybe post some plans, or the dimensions/construction techniques here? I'm looking to build something to age my cigars in, and this looks like it might suit what I need....

Albeit, I would love some of the other toys I have seen on here in my three days of lurking while reading. ;)

D

Hello Joachim,

Wow! What a wonderful job building that humidor! You are a craftsman. I agree with the other fellows, that it would be fun to see pictures when you fill it with you cigars.

Thank you for sharing,

Curtiss