Next PCC RE?

Taken from Trevor's Cuban Cigar Website. Pick from 17 brands for a release later in the year.

"In 2005, Habanos S.A. introduced the Regional Edition (Edición Regional) Series.

The ten worldwide premium Global and Niche brands are excluded from this series. This leaves the seventeen local and multi-local brands for these regional editions. As these brands are not promoted worldwide, this series was seen as an ideal marketing method to promote them. Despite this criteria, in 2007 a previously unheard-of brand, Edmundo Dante (a de-facto Montecristo) was released for Mexico.

The series comprises special limited production cigars made exclusively for a regional market, and are available for a one or two year period. After this, Habanos has the right to add this cigar to the current production range. The cigars must be selected from current production vitolas that are not already available in that brand. Some of the newly introduced vitolas from the premium brands are also excluded.

Each release is initiated by the Regional Distributor, who underwrite the setup costs. Some distributors have elected to reissue in the second year. Reissue cigars are identical but the box leaflet may have a statement "Its great acceptance encourages us to present this edition again..." or similar, depending on the country of distribution.

Regional Editions currently now have a lifespan of 12 months, and have a minimum run of 25,000 cigars. They are usually released in August, September and October of each year.

From 2012, there will only be one Regional Edition per Distributor."

• 8 months later...

I don't know if it's just the photo but they look even worse than the cigars that i roll !!! lmao.gif

If they look liek that, and if they are as expensive as people are predicting, they better taste absolutely amazing!!!

• Like 1

I don't know if it's just the photo but they look even worse than the cigars that i roll !!! lmao.gif

If they look liek that, and if they are as expensive as people are predicting, they better taste absolutely amazing!!!

Just as an FYI, I don't know the IG poster but the heads are true to Conde 109 heads as they should be but rest of cigar doesn't look too pretty :)

A friend guided me to the pic

I still remember how ludicrous this sounded. 25x 109s... I wonder what the intense damage of these will be... I secretly hope 590 because I think that's what I guessed in that contest :lol:

The Germans could only handle a 20ct box of 109s back in 2009. Do they really think a 25ct will go over well in the Asian Market? Not rhetorical - that's actually me asking...