Gin

Briand

Gin in summer or winter , love a Tanqueray martini, and G&T is the go to drink on many days, usually Gordon's but leaning towards Bombay Sapphire now for G&T.

Party D4 with that and it's heaven.

Yep, I like Hendrick's for G&T, Sapphire or Plymouth for Martinis.

YES! Gin and Topo Chico, with a squeeze of lime and sometimes a slice of cucumber or garlic or blue cheese or jalapeno stuffed olive.

HANDS DOWN, The Botanist Gin is as good as it gets, second place isn't even close!

http://www.bruichladdich.com/the-botanist-islay-dry-gin

gin-the-botanist-base_1.jpg

• Like 2

YES! Gin and Topo Chico, with a squeeze of lime and sometimes a slice of cucumber or garlic or blue cheese or jalapeno stuffed olive.

HANDS DOWN, The Botanist Gin is as good as it gets, second place isn't even close!

gin-the-botanist-base_1.jpg

Wow! Didn't know Brewackladdeek was making Gin too.....have to try.

Wow! Didn't know Brewackladdeek was making Gin too.....have to try.

It's amazing!!! It runs about $30.00 USD in my neck of the woods. Nothing even comes close!

It's amazing!!! It runs about $30.00 USD in my neck of the woods. Nothing even comes close!

Hate to disagree, but the German Monkey 47 Gin is miles ahead!

• Like 1

hmmmmmmm... i've personally never tried Gin and Tonic. always been straight for me. either that or half and half medium martini.

two bottles of this underneath my work desk. best thing to drink whilst writing anything. Love it.

however, there is Plymouth Gin which is almost equally as good.

Also, my homemade Gin. when i perfect the recipe, i'll defo send it over your way as you seem to have the same taste as me! biggrin.png

Juniper flavour overpowered. mild rose pedals, sage, with touches of coriander and mint. that's what i'm aiming for, but i just need to get the method right........

lot of very good gins around. always liked hendricks but for aussies, get on to '4 pillars'. small production craft gin. sensational (mate and i knocked off a bottle the other day which was not showing it the usual respect but it is a cracker).

at dan's or www.fourpillarsgin.com.au. made by mates of mine but i assure you my feelings not clouded. every gin lover i've shown it to, has loved it and immediately stocked up. almost all have had to re-order.

only been on the market for a few months but they entered it into the massive san fran world spirits comp along with thousands of other spirits. the very best entries win double gold. 4 pillars won double gold on its first attempt.

do not miss it.

Been a gin drinker for quite some time and a couple of my favorites are Barr Hill Gin from vermont and Ransom Gin out of Oregon. Not always easy to find but well worth the search.

Citadelle Gin and tonic. thats my cup of tea.

​bye the way. how are Lime prices in the rest of the world. Due to the sinaloa cartel and some kind of sickness/drought in mexico. Limes are over a dollar each here in the states. Crazy

3 for a buck at atwater market today here in montreal

Hate to disagree, but the German Monkey 47 Gin is miles ahead!

I've had it, not a fan. To me , not as pure as The Botanist. Yes fancy with a lot of herbs and spices, but that's not my cup of tea when it comes to Gin, in fact, it's more like tea than Gin in my opinion. I don't want't a bottle of booze that taste like thanksgiving dinner!

I drank the botanist gin tonight and I really really enjoyed it. I will be buying it again

I salute you! You know good " not overwhelming" Gin!

Don't think to many of you would of heard of this The Grove Gin, distilled and bottled in Margaret River a wine region not to far from me ..only comes in a 500ml bottle and a little pricey at that... very dry, but very good gin.

post-12719-0-11101800-1398406319_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...

Love hendricks for GT or Martini, Plymouth is good. Going to try and hunt down The Botanist sound awesome.

I tried to give Bluecoat a try once and was really disappointed. It tasted like it was filtered through a sock full of old cucumbers. I'm not sure what those tchotchkes are around its neck, but they are undeserving. If I drank Tanq. It was usually Tanq. 10. Botanist is my only go to.

Bluecoat%20Double%20Gold2010_8907%20Sm_1

• Like 1