#wordfail

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"I could care less" bugs me to no end. That means they could care less! Some people just don't think about what they say I guess.

Recently my principal was telling parents how us teachers were going to fill their children with our seed. seeds of learning was the metaphor, but oh, so very wrong.

I listen to broken English all day long... The things I hear on a daily basis are ridiculous... The other day, one of our employees made a comment to one of our female staff.. He spilled his water at

The misuse and overuse of the word respect by my significant other on a daily basis as a means to get her way drives me bonkers. Does that count?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most women drive me crazy with their shenanigans. Not every single time but be patient, give them a few hours (or days for the careful ones) and they'll usually end up annoying me. Single for two years and can't think of a good reason to settle with any of the ones I'm seeing... Back on topic ;)

• Like 2

I listen to broken English all day long... The things I hear on a daily basis are ridiculous... The other day, one of our employees made a comment to one of our female staff.. He spilled his water at the break table onto the chair next to him.. The female employee went to sit in the chair and he put his arm across the back of the chair, (to stop her) and said "if you sit there I'm going to make you wet" .... It was so wrong, but so funny at the same time, her face was priceless!!! We had to explain what he meant, because it could have gone really south, really fast!

Not really a misuse of a particular word or phrase, but it was too good not to share!

• Like 4

I work in the meat processing industry where the plant workers are usually well covered up with hairnets, frocks, boots, etc. One day one of the employees came into the front office after changing out of his work attire and was greeted by one of the office guys with, "hey Jim, I didn't recognize you with your clothes on!".

Another one; a former coworker had come back to the office for a visit after leaving the company a couple years prior. He was on the heavy side when he worked with us, but after going through a hell of a divorce had lost a significant amount of weight. As he was sitting in my office one of the girls came by, noticed how much weight he had lost, and exclaimed will all sincerity "hey, it's the biggest loser!".

• Like 1

I dislike the misuse of the word "democracy." I will take it no further!

While I won't take on most of the words here, I rather dislike protected words, politically correct words. I mean when you say "F" word instead of the "F" word are you really fooling anyone other than the FCC? It is just stupid.

As if it suddenly does not offend, and you are well within the rules of being polite why you say, "FU."

-Piggy

I have meetings quite often, several daily in fact and there are two words some use so often that even the sentences they place them in, make no sense.

"Moving forward".... God I hate hearing it.

I have lived in SC for three years and my friends back in Boston would be shocked to hear me say

"How-you-doing?"

I always say Horshradish instead of HorseRadish and Highyundai instead of Hyundai (which i hear it should be Hun-day) lol

I thought everyone said high-yun-dai. Only heard Americans call it Hun-day

• Like 1