São Paulo advice

I am in São Paulo for a couple of days on a last minute business trip, anyone have any advice on places to go and enjoy a cigar near the downtown? Thanks

Hop in a cab and ask them to take you to the Henaysaunce.

Renaissance Hotel's Havana Club is what you're looking for. That's where I stay whenever I'm down there.

Locals may have some other ideas, Oliver?

I will try to contact some BOTL's tomorrow morning (now it's 00:23 AM in Brazil, as you know).

Next time let me know 3 days in advance and I will meet you in Sao Paulo (I live 400 km from there).

Even if I can't contact them I will at least PM you some place where you can have a good cigar.

On saturday, I don't know if it's your thing, in Sao Paulo there will be a football match: Palmeiras x Corinthians. Just go with a Brazilian or a guide. DO NOT GO BY YOURSELF. Things usually get rough when these 2 teams play.

Try to go to the sector Cadeira Coberta Azul (US$80).

The esch cafe is a good place. Nice selection and reasonable prices. Now time for a VR unicos and a beer in the terrace.

Damn. New law means no cigars in The Havana club

That's almost an oxymoron isn't it? Damn shame. Laws :sheesh:

The Esch café is a nice place indeed, as you might already noticed the prices are pretty high here, I think I've seen the best prices in that place, also another nice place is the Davidoff store in Moema, in their website you'll only see Davidoff's cigars but they also sell CC's and the have a little nice space to smoke, it's actually a couple of blocks from my house! If you feel up to it send me a PM and may be we can meet there to have a cigar.

There's another Casa del Habano in my neighbourhood (Moema) but the prices are a bit up higher there. And is also a couple of blocks from my house! Actually there are about 4 B&M's at a walking distance from my house peace.gif So if you feel up to it just send me a message so we can talk!

Have a good time here in SP!