What CC would you buy blind today?

My general observation is that all smaller, thinner guage cigars are consistently good.

From the international price list I tend to look at cigars weighing 8.46 grams or less

I have never bought any bad BCJ, BPC or Partagas Shorts blind. Always been good from a couple different vendors even.

We are lucky that Rob offers us all this exact information on a month to month basis as quality really varies from year to year, or batch to batch even.

Read his comments on each cigar and he fully discloses the trends he sees.

Now being across the globe, I've noticed sometimes the trends are different locally and what might be crap in Asia pacific may be good in Canada, and vise versa

• Like 1

I think there was a thread on this not too long ago, but it got off track with some of us giving silly answers on what actually defines "Buying Blind". I was one of the silly ones, but I feel there are different levels of buying blind.

For example I have 2 very trusted merchants that I use most often. I dont think twice about buying at FOH and my other source, that even Rob gives 2 thubs up. So I don't consider Anything that I purchase from them as Buying "Blind".

So to sum it up its not What you will buy blind its Where you will buy blind. If you are not sure place a small test order and see how it all goes. The quality and condition, shipping and customer service.

• Like 2

A box of Cohiba Clubs! HA HA Hopefuly none!

you know... funny you mention those.

I swear they're made of the scraps of Cohibas. some from the same box have tasted like a young final third of a siglo VI. Others have tasted like a blissful lancero. One I had... I swear it was made of the scraps from the cohiba gran reserva love.gif

From the hip cigars that have been above average for the last 6 months (6 + shipments)

Cohiba Siglo VI (25's)

Hoyo De Monterrey Double Corona

Partagas Shorts

Boli PC

Punch DC

Quai D'Orsay Imperiales

Upmann Magnum 50 (25's or 10's)

San Cristobal Fuerza

San Cristobal Morro

Partagas 898

RASS 50 cabs

Upmann Half Corona

Partagas Lusitania

SLR Serie A

Upmann Connie A

• Like 1

rob what do you think about current hdm dc for me who likes ra, partagas, cohiba, qdo, upmann and generally dislikes ryj, punch and hdm? I do enjoy du gourmets when they're not plugged, plmc, epi de luxe but not a huge fan of epi 2 and such. They look great but it's a huge purchase I would never commit to.

I've been having some shipping difficulties so, OLH it is. May need to get a few boxes in the mean time to pass out cigars when my son is born in Dec/Jan (first baby so anxiously waiting). Will buy based on all your suggestions. Thank you all for your input. peace.gif