monte 520

I think there was a lot of talk about them, smoked pretty damn good fresh, most people (including myself) are laying them down to sleep for a spell.

Pretty sure everyone is resting theirs. The last time I stuck into my 2013 box it was screaming raisins. Not my particular flavour. Next time i'm in Aus maybe i'll dig out another and give it a shot. Doubt it though.

No idea what release price was. But what does that matter? Doubt you'll get that price now if anyone has any stock. For what it's worth I paid about 450 AUD for my box I think.

I also don't recall the original price, but I have seen them lately at a steep increase.

Bought them back then at the same price as the cohiba pyramides extra, if thats any help

Experiences the same as others here, that they were great fresh and then god sort of harsh. Had one a month or two ago - they seems to be approachable again - too bad I only have a few left now :-)

I had one early this year and another late last year, both times the 520 was fantastic. A strong cigar and it has such a great profile. Both times I liked it more than the '08 Monte Sublime I had around Christmas.

I have almost 2 boxes left and will probably pickup one or two more before they disappear completely. Love them!

I was asking myself the same question! An answer would be most welcomed.

No way, Michel! Is it really you?? Hello mon ami!

The one to as is Enis. This is his favorite. Many of us have a box at the bottom of the hole just for keeps.

The Monte 520 is simply a stunning cigar, the LE program hit homeruns with the '66 in 2011 and 2012 with the 520...

I didn't get lucky with either. The best LE I have had is the 2013 punch. When spending that kind of coin I like the regionals much better.

As for the 520: 4 unpalatable, 1 I rated at 82 and 1 was a 94 (fabulous). One out of six is not good enough consistency.

Sent by telepathic super powers

-Stogie Boy

Fresh to me they tasted like flowers and dish washing liquid. I'm starting to smoke a few more now though they're coming around

I try one every 6 months or so. As of now I'm not impressed. They look great and I love he size but I you ask me right now what I would rather smoke the 520 or Monte #2, I'm choosing the #2.

Maybe in another year the 520's will hit their stride and knock my socks off. I hope so because I'm sitting on a few boxes.