Your Current King of The Corona Gorda?...and if you could only smoke one vitola?

Corona Gorda  

306 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I am a sucker for the Corona Gorda vitola. The size suits me perfectly and If I was forced to pick only one vitola to smoke for the rest of my life....Corona Gorda I would try.

From the smooth power of the Siglo VI, the mongrel of a young 46, the soft floral nature and honey of an A, the cream and complexity of the Hoyo, the balance of the 13/14 Punch, the full rich fruity flavours of the Ramon Allones. It is a vitola where every cigar is unique and brings something to the table.

My favourite.....I can't pick one. For me it is like picking a favourite child.

Should each of the Corona Gordas be put in front of me .....my hand would probably move toward the mag 46...then the Hoyo...then the A...then back to the Mag....then.....

You have two choices in the poll. Let us know which two you would pick as your favourite right now.

Additionally......if you could only smoke one vitola from the current Cuban lineup....what would it be?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SLR Serie A all the way. This is my favorite cigar. If I had to change to one vitola only, it would be the Robusto regards Lars

I feel so alone in the 52 ring gauge club but look who is in here with me...! Bolívar Libertador 2013 - LCDH Exclusivo 2013 Sublimes 54 x 164 (6.5") Double Robusto

Jlo no 1 psm 13 are delicious.

Man, a brutal query for me to answer, on both counts!

Only 1 vitola?! Never!!! If I could sneak Churchills into the long & skinny category, that would be my choice, but I'm sure I'd get caught chopping a lonsdale in half just to remember what it was like to smoke PC's. (That would likely be after only a week)

I would go with robustos or coronas/corona gordas. I smoke mostly smaller cigars but I can't imagine smoking a PC as a celebratory cigar. IMO the only two sizes I could smoke on a regular afternoon and for celebrating are those two.

Yep I'm a corona, corona gorda and petit corona fan.

I haven't tried the RA Superiores on that list, for some reason I thought they were an LE.

As for the rest, it's almost impossible for me to pick my favourites in order. Mag 46 would be in the top 2 though.

Tough choices. I do enjoy variety and enjoy all those corona gordas (although never tried the RyJ). Too bad the current coronas are sparse, but I'd be happy rotating through all those corona gordas. Went with Superiores. That could change as I've got some Serie A on the way.

I love the older Punch Punch (construction issues aside) on flavors. I've been extremely lucky with the last two cabs of Siglo IV that I've been working through though and that's become a temporary favorite as I'm almost out of my '09 Punch Punch and I gotta make them stretch!

I was split on the "only vitola" as well. If I could vote for corona gorda + churchill that would be the magic for me! :cigar:

El Pres, I'm enjoying a Robusto phase and I'm only allowed one vitola? For me, I'd settle where I started...petit coronas. Monte 4's, Cohiba Siglo II's, Bolivar PC, Ramon Allones SCC, Partagas Shorts etc. These 'go to', reliable smokes I think I'll enjoy always.

My vote went for the RA, but only just. I also voted for the CG as my favourite vitola if I could only smoke one although I usually smoke more PCs. There are a couple of the above cigars I've not tried though, the Serie A sounds right up my street as I love floral/honey flavours. I'll have to get my hands on some soon.

I would agree that the corona gorda is a staple in my house. Mag 46, JL Selection #1, Punch Punch are the best for me. I also enjoy the Serie A and the SIG IV. However, the cohiba is less often acquired due to cost.

This vitola as well as the Churchill/DC format are my favorites. Not to say the dalia and the smaller PC's and minuto's are required to round out the time line for smoking.

The Corona Gorda is by far and away my favorite vitola. In any given week I will likely smoke about 5 - 6 of them. Right now I tend to go with a rotation of Punch Punch, RA Superiors, and Mag 46's with the Punch Punch being my favorite.

Put some time on a good box of Siglo IV and have at them. I'm a Cohiba *****. Everything else is second best. I'll smoke and enjoy all the others, Mag46, Serie A, PP , but the poll is for the king. If I could afford to smoke them all the time I might not be so enamoured of them.

Between BPC, PLPC, Choix Supreme, Connie 1, Exhibicion 4, Famosos and Regios, I think Petit Corona and Hermoso No. 4s are my go-to's, but I really need to try a Siglo IV and a Superiores to see otherwise

Sig IV and Superiores were my choices though Boli CE and a couple of the other Punches (RS11, SS#2) would have topped that if still around.

If dalias fall in the short and long and skinnies category than I guess anything < 44RG is fair game. That works for me! Only problem is how long until there are none left to smoke and they aren't making any more ;(

SLR A

This category to me has a tendency to bring out the best of every blend. That being said, I do enjoy great cigars of all sizes.

I've been really enjoying ERDM choix, Party shorts, SLR Regius, and Rass this year in the corona category the most.

My next purchase will be more choix, and RYJ petite coronas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk