Any Cigar Lounges in Vietnam and Shanghai?

I used to go to Roosevelt a lot, now my regular spot when in Shanghai is Bar Constellation. They have a couple locations, I go to the one near Xiantindi. Excellent single malt collection, and very very cigar friendly.

• Like 1

I used to go to Roosevelt a lot, now my regular spot when in Shanghai is Bar Constellation. They have a couple locations, I go to the one near Xiantindi. Excellent single malt collection, and very very cigar friendly.

I shall try that when I am back there week after next. I don't like that Jazz, Wine and Cigar (or whatever the full name is) place right in Xiantiandi. Is it indoor or outdoor?

• Like 1

In addition to either Roosevelt Steakhouse or the Roosevelt on The Bund, there is a LCDH lounge not far from Xintiandi. The LCDH in the PuDong ShangriLa Hotel is a bust, however. My ATF place to have a smoke is the Shanghai Brewery patio, either Laowei or French Concession locations.

• Like 1

I shall try that when I am back there week after next. I don't like that Jazz, Wine and Cigar (or whatever the full name is) place right in Xiantiandi. Is it indoor or outdoor?

Nah, I agree. Better prices than the hotels, but still a ripoff. The service is dismal. Paulaner is a much better scene if you are in Xiantiandi.

• Like 1

Nah, I agree. Better prices than the hotels, but still a ripoff. The service is dismal. Paulaner is a much better scene if you are in Xiantiandi.

I don't do too much of the tourist stuff like Xiantiandi - been to China way too many times. I'm not paying $20 for a Paulaner Beer and eat mediocre German food either - I can make better food at home ;)

I can never skip Din Tai Fung, though - I'm so stoked they are opening one in San Jose later this year :party:

That LCDH in the Shangri-La hotel was a joke, I agree.

• Like 1

I don't do too much of the tourist stuff like Xiantiandi - been to China way too many times. I'm not paying $20 for a Paulaner Beer and eat mediocre German food either - I can make better food at home wink.png

I can never skip Din Tai Fung, though - I'm so stoked they are opening one in San Jose later this year party.gif

That LCDH in the Shangri-La hotel was a joke, I agree.

No kidding, Din Tai Fung in the US? Wrong coast for me, but might be worth a trip. My tongue is about healed from the last time I ate there. I think those dumplings are filled with lava. Ever tried Yang's Fry Dumpling?

• Like 1

Love the dumplings there...downside is the line to wait...cant stand in line for 45mins for dumplings..

Well - at least at Xiantiandi you can put your name down and then walk back out and watch the hookers at work :innocent:

• Like 1

Constellation is a two level indoor bar. I'm headed to Shanghai tomorrow in fact, will be there a week. Land at 6pm at PVG, check into the hotel, then a quick bite to eat and then off for a smoke at Constellation.

• Like 1

No kidding, Din Tai Fung in the US? Wrong coast for me, but might be worth a trip. My tongue is about healed from the last time I ate there. I think those dumplings are filled with lava. Ever tried Yang's Fry Dumpling?

I love Yang's, that crispy pan fried exterior is the best.

• Like 1

I'm not sure you go to dens "lounges" in Vietnam to smoke "cigars". But I'm sure they exist.

Have a great tip, Jimmy! party.gif

make sure to avoid the lady boys.. or is that thailand? liar.gif

on another note... din tai fung is good, but Crystal Jade in Hong Kong (causeway bay mtr station) is better!! I ate there 3x in a week because it was THAT good.. something about the pork in Asia.. or extra pork fat (meat gelatin)

in Saigon, besides Siqar, which is rustic, charming and mellow; you can also add the very nice Cigar Lounge on the 24th floor of AB Tower in Sorae Restaurant's lounge.

Besides that, in Saigon, you can smoke indoors at the Boudoir Lounge at the Sofitel in District 1, and it's also a fun stop at the top of the Rex (where they stock R&J PC's) but that's outdoors so if the weather is warm . . .

Top of the Sheraton also allows smoking and it's a good view, as is top of the Grand Hotel and the roof deck of the Majestic (both at the end of Dong Khoi).

I'll be there the week of the 24th. Let me know where you're staying and we can meet up for a minor herf! :cigar:

• Like 1

in Saigon, besides Siqar, which is rustic, charming and mellow; you can also add the very nice Cigar Lounge on the 24th floor of AB Tower in Sorae Restaurant's lounge.

Besides that, in Saigon, you can smoke indoors at the Boudoir Lounge at the Sofitel in District 1, and it's also a fun stop at the top of the Rex (where they stock R&J PC's) but that's outdoors so if the weather is warm . . .

Top of the Sheraton also allows smoking and it's a good view, as is top of the Grand Hotel and the roof deck of the Majestic (both at the end of Dong Khoi).

I'll be there the week of the 24th. Let me know where you're staying and we can meet up for a minor herf! cigar.gif

Cheer PapaDisco...I'll be there from the 21st for 5 days. might have a round or two of golf (Thu Duc)..let me know if youre interested.

Cheer PapaDisco...I'll be there from the 21st for 5 days. might have a round or two of golf (Thu Duc)..let me know if youre interested.

Funny, my last trip there I was asking the concierge about getting out to the Saigon Country Club (Thu Duc). Let me know what day you're thinking of and I'll try and coordinate.

• Like 1

Try Din Tai Fung in Taipei, they have perfect control to every branch, but I could say Din Tai Fung Taipei (birthplace) are way better than what I had before in Bangkok/Singapore/HK/Shanghai.

That's where I first fell in love with it :)

My Taiwanese wife says they are hopelessly overrated, BTW.

• Like 1

Some of my local friends took me to The Nest in the Bund area this past Monday night. Very cigar friendly, and very packed. you'll have to call ahead for reservations if you want a table, otherwise you can try and find a seat at the bar. it's only been open about 9 months, and already has become very popular.

Last night I just wanted a quiet (and COOL) place to smoke without a lot of noise and commotion. Constellation Bar was just the right spot. It's so hot here right now, that smoking outdoors just isn't an option for me. It's still 90 degrees at night.

• Like 1