Thanksgiving plans and cigars?

Thanksgiving is a holiday I really admire. The closest thing we have is the 4 day Easter weekend which is predominantly used for family and friends to come together in Oz.

With Thanksgiving coming up next week, let us know what our US brethren will be doing....location, food, what cigars etal. let us live vicariously through you. if you have some photo's of Thanksgiving past, post them up ok.gif

• Like 1

Tradition at my fraternity is that the outgoing president makes Thanksgiving Dinner the Tuesday before the big day. It wasn't a big deal when there was 20 of us, but now there are 40! All of the selfless bastards have asked if i'll be providing "Upmanns" as well. I guess I'll have to obligee. I will be smoking a hamlet salamone, or a reynaldo lancero more than likely though. Should be fun before I head home from college for the weekend to burn some with my old man.

• Like 2

Wife and I will have an early Thanksgiving dinner with some friends in Gloucester, MA. We won't be there too long though, as I'll be eager to get home to enjoy a nice single malt (probably Balvenie 15 year single barrel) and either an '08 Esplendido or something else from my limited stock of aged sticks!

My brother is coming up from the Twin Cities and staying at my house. My folks are coming to my place on Thanksgiving Day. My mom (who is amazing and loves to cook) is cooking the meal for the 4 of us. My brother and I will likely wind up in the garage next to the spaceheater having a cigar at some point in the day, I will have a plate full of turkey, mashed potatoes and a gravy lake over the top of it, and more than a few drinks will be consumed all the while watching every football game that is on.

I LOVE this holiday.

My wife is going to London for a long weekend with the daughter. It will be the first time in decades that I will not be cooking the full turkey dinner. Thanksgiving will be my only day off between the 23rd and the 3rd of December. I am looking forward to a quiet day with cats and cigars and perhaps a turkey sandwich.

• Like 3

Best holiday of the year for me. Family stays 3 days. The party starts at my house with family on Wed the 25th with a plethora of blind beer tastings from various regions. Fun to fill out judging sheets not having a clue what you are drinking. The food for Wed to soak up some beer: smoked chicken wings, stromboli, shrimp cocktail, and a bunch of other stuff I can't recall at the moment. Thurs: hangover bagels to start. Then a deep fried turkey, traditional oven turkey, brussel sprouts with bacon and pine nuts. Yams with brown sugar and marshmallow, cranberry sauce, stuffing, corn, home made rolls, and a bunch more stuff again can't remember. We'll eat early as turkey sandwiches always accompany that evenings blind beer tasting. Yup, stretchy pants are in order!

Cigars.....never pre-planned as I always change my mind after 8-10 drinks. party.gif

Enjoy!

Smitty

• Like 2

My wife is due thanksgiving day with our 3rd child. My hopes are actually to not be eating a traditional meal, but rather in a hospital cafeteria celebrating the greatest gift on earth:)

I clearly remember spending Thanksgiving in my wife's small hospital room in 2013. We had 4 people eating on a card table crammed next to the hospital bed. My wife was on bed rest in constant pain and discomfort. Due to the downward turn in condition of my wife, my twins were soon delivered on Dec. 1. Thankfully, all is well now.

Congratulations on your 3rd!!

• Like 1

Cheers to your 3rd coming ChefBoyRG54

For me this Thanksgiving holiday is going to be consumed with a good friend's wedding. As an Indian (dot not feather) we have multiple events leading up to a wedding, most of which are parties. So it will be a great time to break out a box of cigars and get all of the gents together for a herf. Being that I am the only one who actually has a cigar collection, I am yet to pick out which one of my precious boxes will be the group smoke. All in all though, looking forward to having all of my friends together in one place, celebrating our dear friend taking the plunge. Hopefully, there will be plenty of delicious food and drink along the way. Wish everyone a wonderful Holiday Season and Happy New Year!!!!

• Like 3

I clearly remember spending Thanksgiving in my wife's small hospital room in 2013. We had 4 people eating on a card table crammed next to the hospital bed. My wife was on bed rest in constant pain and discomfort. Due to the downward turn in condition of my wife, my twins were soon delivered on Dec. 1. Thankfully, all is well now.

Congratulations on your 3rd!!

Glad to hear that all was safe with your wife. My wife's condition was touch and go in the ICU after our triplets were delivered. Everyone is healthy and well -- which I'm quite thankful for, indeed.

Cheers to your 3rd coming ChefBoyRG54

For me this Thanksgiving holiday is going to be consumed with a good friend's wedding. As an Indian (dot not feather) we have multiple events leading up to a wedding, most of which are parties. So it will be a great time to break out a box of cigars and get all of the gents together for a herf. Being that I am the only one who actually has a cigar collection, I am yet to pick out which one of my precious boxes will be the group smoke. All in all though, looking forward to having all of my friends together in one place, celebrating our dear friend taking the plunge. Hopefully, there will be plenty of delicious food and drink along the way. Wish everyone a wonderful Holiday Season and Happy New Year!!!!

I stopped reading your post at "dot not feather" because I was laughing too hard.

• Like 1

My wife and I are having my parents over. As for cigars, I will smoke a PLPC. Quick but great and won't take too much time away from the family.

Friday we go to Huntsville for a big family gathering. No cigar there but maybe one when we get back.

I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving and for those who do not have this holiday I hope you have a great day!

• Like 1

"Quiet" dinner at home this year, though a side trip into town to see family is not out of the question. Which would be much less quiet. It's been quite cold, but temps are supposed to moderate some, so I may actually be able to have a cigar. If so, I'll decide which at that time.

I am thankful - cheers and Happy Thanksgiving to one and all!

Thanks Rob,

Lucky enough to have my parents living next door now and we are spending as much time with them as we can.Mom and Dad just left after a pre party, party. Had some Beam and coke and a Monti PE. Tomorrow will bring A great feast created by Dana and more family.

Don't know what I'll smoke and drink but I'm looking forward to some much needed R and R and just hanging out.Works been crazy.

My folks,sister and her family, some of Danas family with there little ones. Small children are great to have around during the holidays.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you brothers and sister.

Also this time of year we are looking forward to Havanna next year to catch up with you all and meet some more.

• Like 1

I think I might do a little CAD/CAM work in the morning and perhaps fabricate a prototype of a tool cart that I have been drawing off and on for some months now.

We will be hosting our neighbors chihuahua, as they leave her with the maid that cares little for her and she often follows my wife home from feeding the horses. She is under my desk as I type this... No doubt she needs dinner!

I am thinking of breaking a box of RA898s, or having a RG Lonsdale, or maybe a Partagas Seleccion Privada #1 (no, not one of the BS double banded types, but a real one!)

I am thinking Lonsdale here and if the weather is not too cool I will make that a reality.

Isla Pigfish... Home sweet home, as long as no relatives come a-callin', I will be in hog heaven!

Happy Thanksgiving all. God bless you all (well, most of you anyway...) -LOL

Oh, and prayers sent to my friend David, get well brother! -Piggy

• Like 2

I'm smoking a turkey and having the family over for dinner. Smoked a H.Up Royal Robusto last night and tonight after everyone leaves and we are done cleaning up, a Sig II. I have the wine picked out and my wife has been cooking for two days, it's going to be good.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Thanksgiving is also my son's B-day so lots to celebrate. Will have the turkey dinner (at lunch) with 15-20 of the closest family and then from there we will head to the coctail & desert party with extended family and friends (will get to smoke and drink there peace.gif)

Hope you all have a great day.