Minutos, Perlas and Reyes small smokes

jwr0201

I plan to become more familiar with these sizes. Currently am looking for recommendations from brothers with more experience here...

List your preferred small/ short marcas.

Some that come to mind are RG Perlas, Party Shorts, Trini Reyes.

• Like 1

San Cristobal de La Habana El Principe

Partagas Shorts

Montecristo No.5

Trinidad Reyes

These are the ones I've gone to recently, specifically the El Principes. (The Trinidad Reyes are the next marca I want to sample at the moment)

However, you can't go wrong trying a Cohiba Siglo I or Ramon Allones Small Club Corona either. It all depends on your (taste/flavour) preference.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I can't really think of a lousy Minuto or Perla. As a vitola they seem to be one of the most reliable. Can't go wrong with any of them. If anything I don't like them because they're too darn short, especially the Monte 5. I wish every Monte 5 was at least a Monte 4 when I get to the end!

I am partial to the BCJ, El Principe and RASCC, however.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Trini Reyes are a personal favorite, offering some of the best flavors to be found in any cigar anywhere! Not even comparable to the others listed. Still, I simply love RG PC, but think the Perlas are rather meh.

Still, you're going to have to try most (if not all) of these in this size range. You'll never know what you're missing! That would be a shame, especially when considering how good the Ramon Allones Small Club Coronas are. If price/value is lesss of a concern, the smaller Cohiba are a nice change of pace, as well.

• 1 year later...
On 28/11/2015 at 8:55 PM, rehabit said:
On 27/11/2015 at 1:30 PM, jwr0201 said:

Thoughts on RG Perlas?

Marzipan onna stick when they're on. Can have a touch of mongrel though.

Had my first RG Perlas a couple of weeks ago.  Kept on thinking I was tasting suger dried orange peel used in cooking.  I was wrong.  It was marzipan.  I was surprised as heck to get that taste.  Not sure if I like it.

The San Cristóbal El principe is a good smoke, which might leave me with the option of lighting another up, or sometimes that's all I want. It has a molasses type flavor and a darker burn for me.

The Trinidad Reyes on the other hand feels more refined and always leaves me wanting to light another up, I have a box of Coloniales that I have yet to try... hoping that it won't leave me hanging.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/12/2017 at 10:36 PM, Rustyman said:

Had my first RG Perlas a couple of weeks ago.  Kept on thinking I was tasting suger dried orange peel used in cooking.  I was wrong.  It was marzipan.  I was surprised as heck to get that taste.  Not sure if I like it.

My go-to morning coffee smoke. Tasty from start to finish, and marzipan goes really well with strong white unsweetened coffee :cofcig:

• Like 1

Monte 5 and RG Perlas all day long. Well, for a short section of the day at least. Both are excellent IMHO and are regular smokes. Party Shorts are rather good too. I rattled through a box (16) of the Vegueros Manianitas last year and was quite impressed - pleasant, mild flavours and I liked the petit belicoso shape.

Thunder & Lightening '75-'15

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...