What should I add and try next?

I'm looking to add two boxes from the following three to my humidor.. I'm getting 10 count boxes to try them 1st and because I'm seriously running out of room.. ??

Out of the following three, which two would you pick or recommend for me to try? Thank you.

1-RyJ Short Churchill

2-Partagas D4

3-HDM Ep2

While I have never smoked a Short Churchill, you can't go wrong with the other two. Although very different, they are both fantastic in their own way.

• Like 1

I think el prez said he was disappointed with the short Churchill lately from a recent post if I recall. I usually take his advice for what to stay away from as he sees tons of boxes every month. I would email him to verify that this is true.

• Like 1

Definitely the PSD4 or Epi2. These are mainstay robustos in almost any humidor and you should see if you like them in your rotation. Also great sticks for friends and occasional cigar smokers who visit. :cigar:

• Like 1

I think el prez said he was disappointed with the short Churchill lately from a recent post if I recall. I usually take his advice for what to stay away from as he sees tons of boxes every month. I would email him to verify that this is true.

Yes, he's mentioned this in a few posts, the last time in reply to a query on a 24:24 listing, if I can recall correctly.

So, this would mean the Partagas Serie D No.4 and Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure No.2 are the robustos to go for.

• Like 1

Yes, he's mentioned this in a few posts, the last time in reply to a query on a 24:24 listing, if I can recall correctly.

So, this would mean the Partagas Serie D No.4 and Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure No.2 are the robustos to go for.

Looks like I made a right decision. This is odd though because if I remember correctly there was a period where everyone was praising those short churchills.

I'd pass on the RyJ. Can't understand why they get the Wides right but not the Shorts....

• Like 1

I am currently smoking through a box of short churchills and psd 4s from 2010 and while they are both fantastic I give the nod to the shorty's. In reality both the PSd 4s and the shorty's can at times both be underwhelming but at their best they are both exceptional in my book.

• Like 1

Both the Epi 2s and the D4s are just all around great cigars. They tend to have great wrappers and I haven't really had any major issues construction wise. Can't go wrong.

I haven't had a RnJ Short Churchill. I have a 10 count box of wides I am working through and they are not bad but they are not making me desperate for more. I am not a very big fan of the marca.

• Like 1

Man.. A lot of PSD4 fans here .. No wonder they always sell out regardless of their condition (PSP, HQ, Seconds, etc) lol

I have no statistical data to prove it but I think it might be the most popular Cuban robusto available. If not then definitely in the top 3. Not in my top 3 personally, but people love them.

• 1 month later...

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed my 1st PSD4 yesterday, but I'm not sold on them yet.  I tasted pepper, wood, earth and leather.  It was full flavored & full bodied, not too strong, spicey, with a slight palate numbing.  Construction, burn & sheen were perfect.  I find it ironic that it is known as the quintessential Cuban cigar, as I find it extremely similar to Nicaraguan Padron.  In fact, Padron may be slightly better.  I will try again.