Updated New Forum

Colt45

This is just my opinion, and is not intended to be critical or a knock. I'll use the forum in whatever form it takes.

One of the things I really liked about the original forum was it's ease of readability. I thought the threads read more like a book due

to the minimum of separation between posts. I found the new forum to be more boxy / blocky and having less flow.

Now with the recent update, I'm finding the color changes making it more so. The darker bars between posts of a thread create more

separation, making for tougher readability, and I find all the extra chartreuse rather distracting.

Again, just my opinion / thinking out loud.

Chartreuse? Where's there a lot of chartreuse?

Wilkey

Bars, buttons, and icons which were previously shades of gray are now chartreuse. Chartreuse buttons with knock out type - a bit

difficult to read. Overall, I'm finding it a bit tough on the eyes.

The changes are just plain ***!!

They make the forum less customer friendly, harder to read and I personally like to previous format MUCH better!

I guess that someone hired Ken's Bruce to work out the color issues that are the Gayest I have ever seen on a cigar forum.

Simply horrible, need to deep-6 this update

I agree it is hard to read. I can see why the colour was picked as it matches the logo.

Not sure what the difference is between the FOH photo gallery and the hot box picture forum? Are they not both the same? Maybe make one for cigars and the other for everything else.

Still the best forum on the net!

Frankly, I don't know why FOH just doesn't use vBulletin. It's the standard and everyone is used to it.

That being said, I agree with some of the criticisms voiced above. The grey bars between the posts are too tall, and I'd prefer some other color than chartreuse. But frankly, any color is welcome. This board has been too monochromatic.

I'll reserve final judgement until I've had a chance to review all the functional additions.

I don't know if there is a specific reason for this update, but I think the previous inacarnation of the new forum was simply more legible.

It's not so much the colors, but how they are being used and their intensity.

To be honest, it's like trying to have a conversation with yoko ono blaring in the background.

I don't know if there is a specific reason for this update, but I think the previous inacarnation of the new forum was simply more legible.

It's not so much the colors, but how they are being used and their intensity.

To be honest, it's like trying to have a conversation with yoko ono blaring in the background.

Fully agree....thought I had logged onto the wrong site.....looks wrong, is distracting, wromg, wrong, wrong. At least give the option to turnoff the new scheme.

Is there an option to switch to a different "skin" with this board software? I like the green, but it's just a little too bright with the current color scheme. Maybe use it strictly for accents instead of such a major component?

I guess that someone hired Ken's Bruce to work out the color issues that are the Gayest I have ever seen on a cigar forum.

first, tampa, you think springsteen is ***? perhaps best i don't comment.

as for the new forum, when it came up, i thought, bugger my machine is stuffed. how do i fix this? agree with colt and tampa. you guys just have to fiddle. then again, i liked the first one anyway.

change is not always good.

first, tampa, you think springsteen is ***? perhaps best i don't comment.

as for the new forum, when it came up, i thought, bugger my machine is stuffed. how do i fix this? agree with colt and tampa. you guys just have to fiddle. then again, i liked the first one anyway.

change is not always good.

There will be some progressive changes during the week. Bare with us until end of month :lol: