It's quite simple for a rugby fan to grasp:
- every play is a set play like an uncontested lineout
- every running play is Kuridrani punching through the middle or Beale on a curving run
- every pass play is like a kick that's half charged, so no one is offside
- every tackle where the tackled player does not lose the ball is automatically unplayable ball, and play stops
- the attacking team has 4 goes at moving the ball a total of 10 yards. If they can't by the 4th play, they kick the ball to the opposition's Folau at fullback. Or if they're close enough, they kick a conversion.