Belinda Coronas

Kangaroo495

Comes in a plastic tube. The cigar is machine made and short filler. Don't know what kind of machine made it, possibly Robocop after he got his arms and head blown off... It's a shocker to look at. Comes pre-cut.

Draw is extremely loose, cigar is soft.

The flavour is surprisingly good! Comes in at a solid medium and offers sweet Cuban tobacco with some leather and earth and some pepper on the nose.

Flavour doesn't develop too much, but the cigar does get a little more interesting throughout its length. More enjoyable I would say.

Last third gets a little vegetal, but not unpleasant, and I smoke it down to the nub anyway.

Probably the shock of my cigar smoking life.... I absolutely enjoyed this cigar! At such a price, you could buy a box for the price of a couple of CoRos.

Great crisis smoke for 3 reasons:

1. Cheap

2. Very tasty

3. Pre-cut (so if you don't have a cutter, no need to invest in one).

86/100

Get it, smoke it!

• Like 1

Fascinating!

This is the first report I have heard about the new lines of Belinda, Cabanas, and Troya.

There are only one - or two? - sizes of each brand,

and they all come in plastic tubes packed in boxes of twenty.

Very cheap.

Apparently they are manufactured outside of Cuba, possibly in Spain.

100% Cuban tobacco, but they are not Habanos.

I have to try these smokes.

No doubt, I will find them at local B&Ms.

Thanks for the neat review!

First I have heard of this marque to be honest, sounds like the ideal C&C!! Great review mate, enjoy broadening horizons and finding hidden treasures. Will give them a go if I come across them.

Fascinating!

This is the first report I have heard about the new lines of Belinda, Cabanas, and Troya.

There are only one - or two? - sizes of each brand,

and they all come in plastic tubes packed in boxes of twenty.

Very cheap.

Apparently they are manufactured outside of Cuba, possibly in Spain.

100% Cuban tobacco, but they are not Habanos.

I have to try these smokes.

No doubt, I will find them at local B&Ms.

Thanks for the neat review!

Not sure how many of each are produced. But there was only one vitola of Belinda and Troya in my local shop. From Cabanas there was only the Belvederes.

After trying a few diff smokes, I think I'll definitely take a box of Quintero Nacionales and Belinda Coronas. Value for money is unmatchable.

Not sure how many of each are produced. But there was only one vitola of Belinda and Troya in my local shop. From Cabanas there was only the Belvederes.

After trying a few diff smokes, I think I'll definitely take a box of Quintero Nacionales and Belinda Coronas. Value for money is unmatchable.

You mention Quintero Nacionales. I haven't smoked anything from that brand in years, but was thinking of giving them a shot for a budget stretcher. Same goes for the Belindas, but it's the Quintero I'm confused about. Quintero Nacionales and Brevas are listed as being the exact same size. Anyone know what the difference is supposed to be? Strength, flavor, or just marketing magic?

You mention Quintero Nacionales. I haven't smoked anything from that brand in years, but was thinking of giving them a shot for a budget stretcher. Same goes for the Belindas, but it's the Quintero I'm confused about. Quintero Nacionales and Brevas are listed as being the exact same size. Anyone know what the difference is supposed to be? Strength, flavor, or just marketing magic?

I checked it out, and I also can't see what the difference is.

The ones I found in my local shop were called Nacionales, and they are magnificent. So I'd go for the Nacionales just to be safe.

I checked it out, and I also can't see what the difference is.

The ones I found in my local shop were called Nacionales, and they are magnificent. So I'd go for the Nacionales just to be safe.

Thank you Kangaroo495. Your advice is much appreciated.

I Googled and found pawltry few mentions of those Quinteros both together (Brevas & Nacionales), other than by virtue of the factory vitola name being "Nacionales" for the dimensions shared by the two. But, those few I did find indicate the Nacionales is milder than the Brevas, including Cigar Czar's own somewhat cryptic write-up.

Of the Quintero Nacionales, Rob says, "This is a Breva's that went to finishing school and failed. More refined than the Breva's more balance in the cigar. Medium bodied with classic Cuban tobacco earth leather palate but not overly aggressive. Good level of spice on the cigar."

(no Brevas listed on C-Czar at the moment, but others have called those Med-Full)

Frankly, it sounds as if both might be enjoyable budget cigars, though for different reasons. I'll take your advice and grab the Nacionales first... or maybe try to pick up some of each at some point if I can, and get a hands-on comparo!

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you Kangaroo495. Your advice is much appreciated.

I Googled and found pawltry few mentions of those Quinteros both together (Brevas & Nacionales), other than by virtue of the factory vitola name being "Nacionales" for the dimensions shared by the two. But, those few I did find indicate the Nacionales is milder than the Brevas, including Cigar Czar's own somewhat cryptic write-up.

Of the Quintero Nacionales, Rob says, "This is a Breva's that went to finishing school and failed. More refined than the Breva's more balance in the cigar. Medium bodied with classic Cuban tobacco earth leather palate but not overly aggressive. Good level of spice on the cigar."

(no Brevas listed on C-Czar at the moment, but others have called those Med-Full)

Frankly, it sounds as if both might be enjoyable budget cigars, though for different reasons. I'll take your advice and grab the Nacionales first... or maybe try to pick up some of each at some point if I can, and get a hands-on comparo!

The Quintero Brevas and Nacionales are indeed very different cigars.

I recently picked up a box of Nacionales, not quite a year old,

based on Kanga's enthusiastic review.

I've tried a couple, and they are already smoking nicely,

though no doubt they will age well.

Rather mild, even delicate, though still full of flavour.

In the same league as Fonseca Delicias and Flor de Cano Selectos.

I have two boxes each of '04, '06, and '08 Brevas.

The '08s are untouched, and will stay untouched for a few years yet.

The '06s are, to my taste, not nearly ready.

The '04s are smoking beautifully now, but still have lots of potential.

While mild-medium in taste, the body is really heavy.

Quite unique in style.

Their packaging in foil-wrapped bundles is clearly designed for long-term aging.

A similar cigar, with the same packaging, is the Los Statos De Luxe Brevas.

My '96s have aged really well, and there are still some '98s on the market.

I'm betting that the Quintero Brevas will be even better at a similar age.

• 8 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...