Hoyo palmas extra.

mazolaman

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just wanted to give an update. So I ended up killing this box in about a month which is the fastest for me and I want to retract my original post. These have been amazing! It was the weirdest thing, t

This is one the biggest pile of truth-cons, bullshxx, misinformation and false rumours I have ever read on a cigar forum. Unbelievable! What a great first post… I have been smoking these cigars (o

I LOVE these cigars!!! And they are such a pleasure for the money. I am so tired of the argument that you have to spend $20+ every time I go to my cigar shop... and I buy these online. Recently, I bo

got a box on the way cant wait to try them!

Our two boxes arrived today, Hunter. They looked like PSP and smelled like heaven, and I had to try one ROTT. Can't wait to get your box in your hands and see what you think about these. One of the best little flavor bombs I've had in a while. Thanks for turning me on to these. We need to order some more.

• Like 1

Our two boxes arrived today, Hunter. They looked like PSP and smelled like heaven, and I had to try one ROTT. Can't wait to get your box in your hands and see what you think about these. One of the best little flavor bombs I've had in a while. Thanks for turning me on to these. We need to order some more.

soon brother!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I have smoked at least one dozen boxes of PE since 2012 when I was introduced to this cigar, while in Cuba. It is true that is probably one the cigars with the best price/quality ratio but keep in mind the following:

PE has a length of 140 and a ring gauge of 40. Similar dimensions cigars are H. Upmann Majestic, Partagas Deluxe Tubos, Partagas Super Partagas, Romeo Y Julietta No. 1 and maybe a few more. For such brands, under the $150 per box of 25, branding is not decided at the time of rolling but rather at the time of packaging, and is based on plenty of factors. Keep in mind also that Hoyos and Partagas are produced mostly at the same factory.

So one day it might be Palmas Extra, the next Partagas Super. What really differentiates Palmas is the wrapper color, that is darker than Partagas Super and a slight blend difference. But if the demand for Palmas is in one week lets say 100 boxes but the boxes with the dark wrappers are only 90 then some Partagas boxes will be branded Palmas.

The best thing to do is when you buy them in a store is to open the box and check it. Other thing is when you find a batch you like buy as many boxes of that batch as possible. If you buy online then things are not easy, just request the darker wrapper possible.

Still not easy. I will give you a recent example. One of the best Palmas tasted the last four years are boxes coded MUL FEB15. Last week I came across, in LCDH store a box coded MUL MAY15, so I bought it without checking. This box is right now unsmokable, not only a very light non oily wrapper, full of green dots but also taste full of ammonia.

• Like 1

I have smoked at least one dozen boxes of PE since 2012 when I was introduced to this cigar, while in Cuba. It is true that is probably one the cigars with the best price/quality ratio but keep in mind the following:

PE has a length of 140 and a ring gauge of 40. Similar dimensions cigars are H. Upmann Majestic, Partagas Deluxe Tubos, Partagas Super Partagas, Romeo Y Julietta No. 1 and maybe a few more. For such brands, under the $150 per box of 25, branding is not decided at the time of rolling but rather at the time of packaging, and is based on plenty of factors. Keep in mind also that Hoyos and Partagas are produced mostly at the same factory.

So one day it might be Palmas Extra, the next Partagas Super. What really differentiates Palmas is the wrapper color, that is darker than Partagas Super and a slight blend difference. But if the demand for Palmas is in one week lets say 100 boxes but the boxes with the dark wrappers are only 90 then some Partagas boxes will be branded Palmas.

The best thing to do is when you buy them in a store is to open the box and check it. Other thing is when you find a batch you like buy as many boxes of that batch as possible. If you buy online then things are not easy, just request the darker wrapper possible.

Still not easy. I will give you a recent example. One of the best Palmas tasted the last four years are boxes coded MUL FEB15. Last week I came across, in LCDH store a box coded MUL MAY15, so I bought it without checking. This box is right now unsmokable, not only a very light non oily wrapper, full of green dots but also taste full of ammonia.

I have a few boxes of these and most of my Palmas are ligher in color compared to Super Partagas but i could get pale wrappers in the Super Partagas too.

I have had about half a box of these over the past 2 years. They are a great casual stick to share with friends. The construction has always been good and I really couldn't criticize it.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 03/20/2016 at 4:06 PM, Nikolaos said:

:rolleyes::blink::angry:

This is one the biggest pile of truth-cons, bullshxx, misinformation and false rumours I have ever read on a cigar forum. Unbelievable! What a great first post…:P

I have been smoking these cigars (of the crema vitola) for 15+ years and I guarantee that they all have their own blend, or at least a blend more or less true to their respective marca.

The Super Partagas is 2 or 3 times stronger than the Hoyo Palmas or the RyJ No.1.

If you can't taste the difference between these cigars, you're losing your time and your money,.…

I have seen Palmas and Super Partagas with every kind of wrapper color…

And no, Hoyo and Partagas aren't produced "mostly at the same factory"…

• Like 3

Exactly . I have been smoking the RyJ no 1 for twenty-odd years now and in no way do they resemble the Upmann Majestics for example. Majestics are just pure Upmann.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk