COHIBA Lanceros Diplomat box

COHIBA Lanceros Diplomat box

My understanding that these are VIP boxes (not Diplomatic) and are gifted to government officials and selected VIPs.

I might add that the seal is wrongly positioned and the barcode is not accepted on the habanos website?

Here are a few boxes at the Laguito Factory.

post-1158-1290484444.jpg

http://www.cubancigarwebsite.com/brand.asp...a#254_VIP_Gifts

post-1158-1290484458.jpg

• Thanks 1

My understanding that these are VIP boxes (not Diplomatic) and are gifted to government officials and selected VIPs.

I might add that the seal is wrongly positioned and the barcode is not accepted on the habanos website?

Here are a few boxes at the Laguito Factory...

http://www.cubancigarwebsite.com/brand.asp...a#254_VIP_Gifts

Very cool, Trevor, thanks for adding the extra info. I know I need to use and peruse your webpage more often, to look for goodies like these!

Even though these are primarily used as VIP boxes, are they not available for sale at all? Because it would make one hell of a conversation piece in a humidor, thats for sure!!!

Even though these are primarily used as VIP boxes, are they not available for sale at all? Because it would make one hell of a conversation piece in a humidor, thats for sure!!!

Not for sale at point of issue. If a person chooses to resell, thats another matter. :rolleyes:

Here are a few boxes at the Laguito Factory.

post-1158-1290484444.jpg

<a href="http://www.cubancigarwebsite.com/brand.asp...a#254_VIP_Gifts" target="_blank">http://www.cubancigarwebsite.com/brand.asp...a#254_VIP_Gifts</a>

WOW :rolleyes:

Interesting - thanks for the information Trevor. I noticed that the trim around the box is different to the boxes in the pics that Trevor has posted. Dubious.

The trim is (I believe) a packaging variation.....see the box shown on my website. (link above)

This belief is wrong - see below :lol:

...I noticed that the trim around the box is different to the boxes in the pics that Trevor has posted. Dubious.
The trim is (I believe) a packaging variation.....see the box shown on my website. (link above)
My apologies - should have checked properly before posting. Thanks for pointing this out Trevor.

I think that the pictures that Trevor posted above are of unfinished boxes. If you look at them, everything is the same aside from the edging trim, as you state Bster, when compared to the OP's pictures. If you look closely, the boxes in Trevor's post above have the nails visible. It looks like those boxes don't yet have the "filete", the gold embosed edging trim, applied yet.

Might not be a different packaging, just some unfinished boxes.

I think that the pictures that Trevor posted above are of unfinished boxes. If you look at them, everything is the same aside from the edging trim, as you state Bster, when compared to the OP's pictures. If you look closely, the boxes in Trevor's post above have the nails visible. It looks like those boxes don't yet have the "filete", the gold embosed edging trim, applied yet.

Might not be a different packaging, just some unfinished boxes.

Spot on!

This belief is wrong - see below :D

Dear Trevor,

at first I like to say thank you very much for your wonderful website. I won`t miss it, all the time a very nice reference -site.

responding your posted photos which I sent you some month ago:

The VIP Lancero boxes on the photos are not a packaging variation.

In this variation does not exist a VIP Lancero box.

This unfinished boxes are in this conditions ready to fill them with the cigars.

After this the "filete" (the trim) will be stick on the box.

The trim is like a second seal, to open the box, you have to cut the "filete" on the top.

to complete your photos:

boxes ready to fill with cigars:

post-6196-1290614657.jpg

post-6196-1290614677.jpg

post-6196-1290614688.jpg

you are right, the seal is wrongly positioned on the right side,

that happens sometimes with some cuban cigar boxes

post-6196-1290614495.jpg

post-6196-1290614472.jpg

post-6196-1290614449.jpg

post-6196-1290614517.jpg

I don`t know, if the bar code from the VIP boxes and humidors are registrated from Habanos S.A.

In january i will ask this in the laguito and to a representative from Habanos S. A.

Then I will give you the answer.

kindest regards and all the best

Kai

Quick question in regards to the previous statements concerning the positioning of the warranty seals.

As you can see from the 2nd set of pictures that padrinocubano submitted, all of the seals (even though they are placed on the right side of the box) appear to be "traditionally" positioned so that the fold is through the center of the coat of arms. However, in looking back at the 1st set of pictures submitted by padrinocubano, the fold looks to be strait through the center of the seal.

Is this specific to the VIP boxes or is there an alternative explanation?

Thanks in advance for the clarification!

Great pictures people, keep them coming! :D

Like most people on here probably, I'd give my eye teeth for a box of those lancero's - maybe Santa will surprise me :D .

No, but working on it. :)

Sounds like we gotta shake down an Ambassador. Well, if I'm lucky in getting a specific MP position I'm going for, I can try to get on the Close Protection units, and then I'd be mostly doing stuff with the embassies around the world and stuff like that. Keeping my fingers crossed.

That, or maybe one HUGELY expensive group buy?!!!? :D:hungry:

• 6 months later...

Dear Trevor,

as I told you I asked in la Habana, why the barcode is not accepted on the habanos website.

This special boxes are exclusive made for the cuban government.

The production of this boxes is not under the licence of Habanos S.A.

This boxes are going directly to the government, Habanos S.A. never take a barcode from any of this boxes.

Now this boxes have an other warranty seal, a "national seal".

This boxes haven`t the box seal "Habanos", only the small warranty seal.

post-6196-1306941982.jpg

post-6196-1306941997.jpg

post-6196-1306942014.jpg

post-6196-1306942037.jpg

best regards

PC

• Thanks 2