Bolivar Gold Medal (VIDEO REVIEW)

adic88

Thanks for the review Aizuddin. I have only smoked a few of the GM's and thoroughly enjoyed both of them. As a side note. I love the Inmensas and have always wondered how these compare to the GMs. Any thoughts?

I thoroughly enjoyed your review. Still it appeared to me that you never expelled the smoke through your nose. To me you have to experience the smoke on the very back of your palate and through the nose to appreciate th nuances of a cigar.

I thoroughly enjoyed your review. Still it appeared to me that you never expelled the smoke through your nose. To me you have to experience the smoke on the very back of your palate and through the nose to appreciate th nuances of a cigar.

Yes, i've been trying to do it but i can't.

I french the smoke instead to get a bit extra insight; take in a bit through the nose as i exhale it.

Yes, i've been trying to do it but i can't.

I french the smoke instead to get a bit extra insight; take in a bit through the nose as i exhale it.

I find that the best way to learn to "retrohale" if you find you cannot (and this is how I first learned) is to draw normally, release 2/3 of the smoke or so, and then sort of swallow gently, while exhaling through your nose. The swallowing action will move the smoke back far enough that it will get caught in the exhale, and leave through your sinuses/nasal passage.

I used to find it difficult to do, then once I got the hang of it, I quickly realized I was blowing too much smoke through my nose (which basically just resulted in a blast of peppery nose hair singing heat). Don't blow too much through your nose, and be sure to do it slowly.

Great review as always Aizuddin. I have had my eye on a box of GMs for a while. The lonsdale vitola is quickly becoming one of my favorites, and Bolivar was the first Cuban marca I tried, and they have a special place in my heart/humidor. Thanks for sharing your experience. Keep up the awesome work.

I love the Inmensas and have always wondered how these compare to the GMs. Any thoughts?

These are distinctly different cigars. The GM's harken to the Bolivars of old, with a dark, earthy profile and black pepper notes. The Inmensas are very similar to the Coronas Gigantes, but better, IMO: a bit more intense and complex, with sweet citrus notes.

*I have two of these left. The one I'd had some weeks ago had aged nicely in the humi. VERY, very impressed - Happy :D:P

Thanks for another great video review. Love the Boli GMs...they are my favorite in the Bolivar marca.

• 1 month later...

"When God created cigars, he had a lonsdale in mind." Great quote, lol. I'd probably say lancero myself, but lonsdales are excellent :)

Really great review. Bolivar is my favorite Habano marca, but I've yet to smoke a GM. It's the price that's kept me away so far (whenever I consider getting one, I say to myself ... but you can almost get two Royal Coronas, or a Corona Extra and a Corona Junior, for the same price!). But I definitely need to try one now!

• 3 weeks later...

Damn...another one of my favorite cigars going the way of the dodo bird. Just can't seem to catch a break.

• 2 weeks later...
Some aging potential in this cigar. Classic Bolivar flavours.

Full macro pics and final verdict score on my blog.

[/i]]

This was an excellent review on this cigar I agree with you on most of the review rather than 6 months I feel your were estimation is closer I have put mine away and will not touch for a year at least personally I feel 3 + could improve this Boli no end , may your next smoke be a great one Mac

• 1 year later...

Some aging potential in this cigar. Classic Bolivar flavours.

<!--id1--><div><object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="

name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" /></embed></object></div><!--id2-->

Full macro pics and final verdict score on my blog.

I like your reviews a lot. I usually don't enjoy the "talking head" type cigar review but I can really relate to your tasting notes.

• 1 year later...

Never had the pleasure of one of these.Great review I'll need to try and find some!

• 1 year later...