Bolivar Petit Corona (VIDEO REVIEW)

adic88

Bro, around the 8 minute mark it looked like you were really hurtin'.

Thanks for taking one for the team on this one. I don't think I've ever had a box with that degree of ammonia as you are describing. If i do, I'll know what not to do.

Thanks for the review....Boli PCs are excellent IMO one of the best CC PCs out there. I am sure after a couple years on that cigar it will be better.

Quick question - when did they invert the stickers on the box? The seal was in the lower right corner instead of the left; all the boxes I have has the seal on the left lower corner.

Whoever supplied you with that box must have a great sense of humor :lol:

I blame Van for giving him the idea to record this difficult to watch, tough to stomach, ammonia filled cigar being smoked. Thanks :lol:;)

Chime in to let us know you're still with us, Aiz!!

Whoever supplied you with that box must have a great sense of humor :lol:

I blame Van for giving him the idea to record this difficult to watch, tough to stomach, ammonia filled cigar being smoked. Thanks :D:rotfl:

Chime in to let us know you're still with us, Aiz!!

Wait! Wait! I told him it was a STUPID idea to smoke one of these now. I only asked him to record his review if he insisted on doing so against my strong judgment.

I won't say "I told you so." At least not more often that this once.

Thanks for sharing the review!

Thanks for the review....Boli PCs are excellent IMO one of the best CC PCs out there. I am sure after a couple years on that cigar it will be better.

Quick question - when did they invert the stickers on the box? The seal was in the lower right corner instead of the left; all the boxes I have has the seal on the left lower corner.

Silly Apple MacAir camera. It inverts everything. Looks as though you're watching the review from the reflection of a mirror. :huh: I'll add some pics of the box and the cigars later on my blog.

Thanks Aiz. I think what I find most interesting is that the cigar maintained it's overall flavor profile through the harshness.

I have a box of '06 Montecristo No.4 that were pretty much unsmokeable for the first year plus. There was no ammonia aspect,

but were they ever harsh and bitter. I figured that whoever rolled them was not in a good mood :huh:

Thanks Aiz. I think what I find most interesting is that the cigar maintained it's overall flavor profile through the harshness.

I have a box of '06 Montecristo No.4 that were pretty much unsmokeable for the first year plus. There was no ammonia aspect,

but were they ever harsh and bitter. I figured that whoever rolled them was not in a good mood B)

It took a lot of "searching" to pick out the flavours though. Way too much trouble for someone who just wants to enjoy a good smoke.

Took me a long cool drink to take the burn away lol.

Smoked a CoRo later that night to make myself feel better (it worked). hahah.

Well if that review was not a damn the torpedoes full speed ahead review, then nothing is.

Great job mate. If I ever feel curious enough to try a cigar that smells like cat piss I now know what to do.

Send it to you for a cat piss cigar review Part 2

You are officially a man's man for toughing your way through that cigar. If I may now quote the Bible, version Min Ron NEE, page 7...

The time period for the disappearance of the ammoniac smell is influenced by the rate of fermentation, packaging and storage conditions (way to go prez). Good ventilation gets rid of the ammoniac smell in no time.

Now turn to page 440 where he discusses a St. Luis Rey Prominentes that the box was made in 1988 and at the time of the writing of his book, there was still an ammonia smell...WOW

• 1 month later...

Wow,

Your'e a tough man to survive that one.

Now we all know what to expect when we aren't stocking up and rotating.

thanks for taking one for the team so we can show this to the wife and have her understand the need for a deep stock to season and enjoy...

"you see honey, if I don't keep a minimum stock I will need to resort to suffering like our friend here" :lol:

• 2 months later...

Great video! Thanks for taking one for the team!

• 7 months later...

Great review, Aizuddin. Way to power through that animal!

It's been about a year since you posted this review and I thought it might be fun if you could do a follow-up review. I am very interested to see the effect of a year's worth of aging on a box like this. That is assuming you still have some left to review with?

Thanks,

Simon

• 4 years later...