So, what are your recent acquisitions?

FatherOfPugs

23 hours ago, canadianbeaver said:

Time for a sip of our special bourbon, purchased by lottery with Vintages.

And... lovely. Sweet and salty!

IMG_3178.JPG

How does one find out about these lotteries?

• Like 1

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few recent acquisitions 1980s bottlings of Glenfiddich 15 and 18. 1980s bottling of Macallan 12 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My summer planned trip to Cuba was scuppered so I did the next best thing... a whisky buying trip/tour of Scotland! Had a great week with a mix of rain and glorious sunshine. Some great pick ups too -

Blanton's gold US release

Some everyday drinkers that could do with some medium term cellaring:
- a bottle of the 2012 Lavau Gigondas
- three bottles of the 2012 Rockbare Tideway Shiraz
- three bottles of the 2015 Bowen Estate Cabernet Sauvignon

f800dc8eb7ea078d4ca800ce7b099a48.jpg

And some more premium bottles for cellaring:
- a bottle of the 2010 Henschke Cyril Henschke
- a bottle of the 2012 Henschke Cyril Henschke
- a couple of bottles of the 2015 Clonakilla Shiraz Viognier

553c2b98df2c72c8e37f864c547c4b38.jpg

• Like 2

Biggest local liquor is closing to focus on their importing and distribution arms.  Went crazy picking up their hard to find stuff like Paolo Bea.  Bea is a cult Italian wine that is hard to find and usually sells out quick.  Pick up over a dozen of them, but here are the three different ones I bought

Paolo Bea.JPG

• Like 1

On 3/14/2017 at 1:45 PM, JohnS said:

Hibiki 12 and Yamazaki 12, picked up for a great price. Again, I was fortunate to find these together, at the moment!

2017-03-15 07.33.17.jpg

I love the Yamazaki 12!!  It's been my go to drink every time I go to a whisky bar in Japan!  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lotusguy said:

My Kelpie allocation and a couple of others.
9b57100a0988495ec101bc37743d0d6e.jpg

Is that from K&L?  I  LOVE the Baraillon Armagnacs.  I ordered a bottle of the '87 but haven't received it yet but am very much looking forward to it.

• Like 1

Is that from K&L?  I  LOVE the Baraillon Armagnacs.  I ordered a bottle of the '87 but haven't received it yet but am very much looking forward to it.

Yeah K&L Wines. I spend way too much money there...

And yes, it's an independent Talisker. Only the second one I saw so far. First one was a cask strength 5 year old that was finished in some wine cask and was very pink. It hit HARD.

• Like 1

Attended a wine tasting featuring the new releases from Torbreck Vintners but walked away with another bottle of the 2014 Yarra Yering Dry Red No. 2 and another couple of bottles of the 2015 Clonakilla Shiraz Viognier.

9e15a1c7c3af96916d4a3926ce1061fe.jpg

Weird...

• Like 2

On 2/24/2017 at 4:45 PM, JohnS said:

Some stock is harder to source than others. My next acquisition I'm working on, Four Roses Single Barrel Bourbon, is currently not available in most major liquor retailers where I live, for example. However,  I'll find a way tjo acquire it!p

Happy to ship some to you if you think it'd make it through the Aussie Post Mafia. I live 30 minutes from the distillery and have quite the collection of their wares. What you really want is their Single Barrel Barrel Strength variants (Particularly OBSK or OBSV). It'll have you thinking, Pappy Who?

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Ethernut said:

Happy to ship some to you if you think it'd make it through the Aussie Post Mafia. I live 30 minutes from the distillery and have quite the collection of their wares. What you really want is their Single Barrel Barrel Strength variants (Particularly OBSK or OBSV). It'll have you thinking, Pappy Who?

need to be careful this end. i have had bottles of spirits shipped from the States. some came through no problem at all. then all of a sudden, i got hit with massive taxes, duties and anything else they could think of. made it completely unfeasible, though if you take into account the ones that did make it, not too bad.

• Like 1

On 3/20/2017 at 11:47 PM, Ken Gargett said:

need to be careful this end. i have had bottles of spirits shipped from the States. some came through no problem at all. then all of a sudden, i got hit with massive taxes, duties and anything else they could think of. made it completely unfeasible, though if you take into account the ones that did make it, not too bad.

Good advice Ken, but seeing @JohnS's acquisitions lately I'm certain a little duty tax wouldn't hit the budget too hard ;-) Cheers Gents! John, I'm serious, happy to help -

• Like 1

Some odds and sods bin end wine for the casual fare drinks:
fece10a5bc88dc98ebbc9a43afefa23a.jpg
- a bottle of the 2011 Clos la Gaffeliere
- a bottle of the 2009 Yarra Vale Reserve Pinot Noir
- a bottle of the 2006 Journeys End Arrival Shiraz
- a bottle of the 2011 La Fleur de Bouard

Some value wine for the medium term cellaring
7135022e4e0382cdc1c8e6b1611d2773.jpg
- a couple of bottles of the 2015 Clonakilla O'Riada Shiraz
- a bottle of the 2015 Kooyong Massale Pinot Noir
- a bottle of the 2013 Voyager Estate Girt by Sea Cabernet Merlot

More premium wine for longer term cellaring:
4672a00e9ef312296627f74915bdd1b2.jpg
- another couple of bottles of the 2014 Yarra Yering Dry Red No. 1
- another bottle of the 2014 d'Arenberg Dead Arm Shiraz
- another couple of bottles of the 2014 Yarra Yering Dry Red No. 2

• Like 3

Agree. On E's recommendation I got some OBSV Single barrel at a local, and have been quite impressed with it, very, very smooth. I'm more a scotch drinker, but this is a bourbon I could drink any day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Philc2001 said:

Agree. On E's recommendation I got some OBSV Single barrel at a local, and have been quite impressed with it, very, very smooth. I'm more a scotch drinker, but this is a bourbon I could drink any day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hat tip for the kind words Sir!