So, what are your recent acquisitions?

FatherOfPugs

8 hours ago, sastrooper said:

Its been a while but had to share this recent pickup, if you’re a lover of px, beg, steal, borrow a bottle! Incredible stuff 

ACE89A45-8454-461C-AA0A-3357DA773AD6.jpeg

i have the 1946 of this. rob and i tried a tiny sampler on a video a while back. brilliant stuff.

• Like 3

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few recent acquisitions 1980s bottlings of Glenfiddich 15 and 18. 1980s bottling of Macallan 12 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My summer planned trip to Cuba was scuppered so I did the next best thing... a whisky buying trip/tour of Scotland! Had a great week with a mix of rain and glorious sunshine. Some great pick ups too -

Blanton's gold US release

1 minute ago, sastrooper said:

Would love to find me a bottle of the 46! Might bite the bullet and buy from os, have not seen one in aust as yet. 

it is in australia via bibendum wines in melbourne - importers but they could refer you if they can't sell direct. think they also have the 31. apols, i deleted the email offering the wines last week.

if you have trouble, PM me direct and i will see if i can chase them for you.

2 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

it is in australia via bibendum wines in melbourne - importers but they could refer you if they can't sell direct. think they also have the 31. apols, i deleted the email offering the wines last week.

if you have trouble, PM me direct and i will see if i can chase them for you.

Nah they didnt bring in the 46, i got the 31 from them. Im ruin now with toro albala and jj prum hahaha 

Recent purchase! Very excited to try these :)b7e249aadbc261eadb629fc005f70524.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Like 3

On 11/3/2017 at 11:44 AM, sastrooper said:

Nah they didnt bring in the 46, i got the 31 from them. Im ruin now with toro albala and jj prum hahaha 

they certainly did at some stage because that is where i got mine. perhaps they have sold out?

love prum. been buying it from the early 80s. had a great visit there. have a lunch planned for this coming friday and one of the guys is bringing a 1998 jj prum wehlener sonnenuhr eiswein. can't wait.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

they certainly did at some stage because that is where i got mine. perhaps they have sold out?

love prum. been buying it from the early 80s. had a great visit there. have a lunch planned for this coming friday and one of the guys is bringing a 1998 jj prum wehlener sonnenuhr eiswein. can't wait.

Ohh yeah you're right, it's now sold out. They recently brought in some more, that's how i got the 31, but no 46 this time.

• Like 1

Haha...what happened to the Springbank?
Its from Harry haha. He wanted me to try it so he left a "generous dram" in the bottle. Keen on trying it soon.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Haha 2

48165696a8db5ccb13fed60bb2015ff5.jpg54a6f7101cd0e6aebb251088c1d1c931.jpg
89412cf08daa3e7211467a79c50cdc41.jpg

A rather successful week of bourbon/rye hunting.
The midwinter nights dram did not make it home sealed. Was shared with friends who loved it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I was very tempted, but at $740 a bottle, just didn't seem worth it to me in the end.

Did you get any?

Is that the price?

Then I'm not interested in the least.

Yeah, not everyday you get aged statement ardbegs so whenever they come up, i buy. 

There’s plenty of Ardbeg Ten - LOL.

Or you could try Springbank and Laphroaig.

Anyway, considering that the Ardbegs of significant age are going well upwards of $1000 these day, you may be on to a winner.

12 minutes ago, sengjc said:

There’s plenty of Ardbeg Ten - LOL.

Or you could try Springbank and Laphroaig.

Anyway, considering that the Ardbegs of significant age are going well upwards of $1000 these day, you may be on to a winner.

Haha the ardbegs pay for my rosebanks and broras 

• Like 1

I managed to snag 1 bottle of Ardbeg 21, but at a price that worked for me - I paid about $180 USD and covered the rest in a cigar trade with the guy.  A very good trade for both of us!

The Ardbeg 23, on the other hand....yeah.  I'm not paying $750 for a '90s Ardbeg.  We're into silly territory now.  It's my favorite malt but so many of their recent releases have been shyte that I'm getting tired of them.

Auriverdes - boring young whisky
Perpetuum - even more boring palate, nothing of interest
Dark Cove - Was compared to the old Uigeadails that used '70s sherried Ardbeg.  I'm not sure why.  Both the Committee Release and the regular release were sour youngish whisky to me.
Kelpie - Had some hopes, was really disappointed.  Committee release actually tasted unpleasant, with many off notes to me.  I havn't yet tried the regular release but I have a bottle of it. 
An Oa - Just tried it in Tokyo Hyatt last week.  Surprisingly enjoyable!  I will likely get a couple bottles for the shelf/Collection.

Now I'm searching for Chichibu at a reasonable cost.  I was able to visit the distillery for a tour while I was over in Japan, and the whisky's stellar stuff, it's just impossible to find for me.  I enjoyed the Yoichi "Peaty and Salty" as well, managed to get a bottle on an online auction without breaking the bank.

• Like 3